Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had introduced one of their beardies to the waterfall items that are on the market?

mine loves nothing more than to be sprayed down with a misting of water and chases running water off branches all the time so i was thinking to keep him occupied i would get one.

just wondering if they are suitable for beardies or if it would be more of a danger to him than anything else? i was planning on keeping his water bowl in his viv as well.

cheers

ian

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah i forgot about humidity, what do people provide to give their beardies some entertainment??? i let him out when i can and let him run about in the house but just after something to keep him occupied when he is in his cage.

any suggestions would be welcome?

so would waterfalls be suitable for boas or would that provide too much humidity?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one eats enough let alone two :lol: with just mocha i know whatever the situation i will have enough cash to keep him fed and upkeep etc but two im not 100% sure and if i cant give it the care it deserves i dont think its fair doing so!

plus i dont want mini mochas running around :lol: hes a buggar up the back at the best of times let alone a load of mini versions of him let loose on the world :shock:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Good on ya Ian, that's really responsible.

Ours have got a huge log, and also a log bridge, which they love to clamber over, a few plazzy plants and some stones just to break it up a bit. Sounds cruddy but actually looks good!! :) U can also try the backgrounds u can buy, makes the viv look a bit less than a wooden box. Here's a pic or ours, the sand has gone now and the pics not fab, but u get the idea.

Not to sound preachy AT ALL!! But we used to spray our Beardies down every day, and then got really told off by the knowledgable guys on here. Apparently it can lead to Respiratory problems such as infections. U know your own BD of course, so whatever ur happy with, just thought I would pass the pearls on.

Saw the pics of Mocha by the way - GORGEOUS!!

Cand x

·
Registered
801 Posts
That's the point of view we took. Such a shame tho coz they used to love it!! Wouldn't wanna hurt em tho!

Thanx 4 comment bout viv. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts