Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey, can someone give me a little bit of advice/help please?

my beardies last 2 or 3 poo's have been watery, well not that the poo itsself is watery, it is coming out with a lot of water. its a normal looking poo, and with a normal looking urate bit, but it comes out with water, quite a lot, just now it was sort of running down the viv. oh and it smells just a disgusting as normal. :sick:

he has been eating pretty normal, exept yesterday he wasnt that hungry, still ate, but only about 15 calcigrubs and about 4/5 locusts, which isnt a lot for him, he never eats veg, im trying to get him to eat some, but at the min he doesnt so i know its not too much veg. he doesnt drink loads either, only drips from my fingers, but iv never been worried about his drinking cos he always has normal urate. his food is gutloaded with veg, usually endive, so he gets some vits and water from that. i have noticed he has been very grey looking lately, looks quite upset, but when i get him out he goes white again, and usually white when he is basking.

he is 9 weeks old, his temps havent changed since i got him (4weeks ago) 115 basking, rocks around the basking are 100-105 (his fav place to sit) then it gradually goes down to 84 at the cooler end.

does anyone know what could be causing his watery poop?

oh and his usual foods are locusts daily, calcigrubs and blk crickets usually altenate every other day. he also gets dubia roaches a few times a week and some mealworms, only the white newly shed ones.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
what are you gut lading the food with?..
also, how often do you bath him?...when they have a long bath, and then drop a stinker mine normally have a little more "wee" in the system..:)

·
Registered
979 Posts
mine always does poos like that but doesnt appear unwell at all, i think it depends what veg they eat and how much moisture was in it.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
mine always does poos like that but doesnt appear unwell at all, i think it depends what veg they eat and how much moisture was in it.
mine too:) both of them, but then after about 10 mins it fries up and looks normal

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
mine too:) both of them, but then after about 10 mins it fries up and looks normal
Hehe...Luke you are so funny:mf_dribble:

Mine does waterypoo sometimes...did a nice one on my top not long ago:)

Min e likes alot of weeds tho...but still gets plenty of crix locusts.

Sarah xx

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
it was meant to say dries not fries:blush::blush::blush: lmao!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I tend to find if mine has too much water in her food then the poo is very watery, just a case of playing with the veg which is fed to the crix/locus til it gets better

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aww thanks guys, that made me go "pheeew"

im thinking it must be the gutloading, i do try to give the insects moisture by giving them lettuce, u know the hard bit that has lots of water in. so maybe they just have too much water. il try n dry (not fry) it up a bit lol.

and as for bathing, i do bath him more than a lot of people say is nesecary, but he always seems to like it, so if he is sitting in his viv all bored i let him have a swim, he always just dives off my hand into the water and has a paddle, seems to really like it, mind i have only seen him drink from the bath once.

anyway thanks so much, i am so relieved. xx

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
not a problem, and a Bd that likes a bath is a happy dragon, just cut down on the lettice, ive had the same issue with some of my leo's of late, and over time they end up over hydrated if that makes sense...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts