Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, the wax worms we buy from the shop, what stage are they in? im interest in grwning a few into moths and seeing if fred will take to them, i have been told that the moths are just as tasty, but are not as fattening, any one else have any other informationon this??

thanks
karl

·
Registered
83 Posts
i often leave a tub of waxworms to turn to moths my beardie and my white tree frogs love them they offer the same nutritional value as the worms im sure

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
my beardies run about like absolute maniacs trying to catch them. they loved fruit flies too. as was previously said, i think they have the same nutritional value as the wax worms

·
Registered
100 Posts
just pop a tub into a hot spot int he house there in there last but one stage when u but them next the turn to cyrislis then moth so not long at all and yes there much better then the waxworms for everything but fat

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Does anyone know the best way to turn the waxies into moths that will still be able to fly?? I buy a small tub every now and again and always have some turn into chrysalises but then when the moths do appear they are always dead!

Id love to chuck in a few fliers for by dragons to chase around! Give um some entertainment and all hey!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts