Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little confused i am trying to breed waxworms. I have had everything loads of moths they made a right mess in the tub so i presume they have bred. They all died a good 2 or 3 weeks ago if not longer and there is nothing. I have now broken up the mix and i can't see anything . I have had them on heat to hurry the things on but still no sign.
I have followed the sticky in this section I thought maybe my mix was to dry because i left it in the fridge a week to dry it out to hopefully stop the mould which i have had no signs of anything untoward. with it being on heat i couldn't really see this making a difference.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had problems with waxworm breeding ( mine weren't turning into moths)
I'd been trying for ages, then all of a sudden I had loads.
Just persevere with them. You never know there might be loads of eggs in your culture, just leave it somewhere warm and keep having a look.
One more thing have you got any silky looking stuff (tunnels) in your mix?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah I got that in mine too. I'd love to know what it was.
Yeah does sound like they haven't bred. :(
Can't really give you much advise tbh apart from have another go, cause it could take afew attempts (I'm on my 3).
How gave you got your tub set up?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got me tub set up exactly the same has the sticky in this section. It was looking really good until now. I will give it longer. I already have another tub of Waxies to start again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.