5,614 Posts
Oh bless totally adorable :D Congrats :D

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
r cute. where you there the whole time?
No I was over at Nerys's fixing her washing machine :lol2:
Been waiting in for the last week or so just in case and the first time I go out, she has them. I didn't know what date they were due on as the previous owner (a complete dipstick) put a billy in with them, but didn't think to write down the date they got mated so I sort of thought they had been mated but no idea when.
Next time they get put in kid (2 years time) I make a note of the date and mark the due date on my calender.
I literally got home, went to check them and found the 2 kids and Clara with the bloody mucous etc hanging down and both kids still wet and bloody so I reckon they only got born literally 10 minutes before I arrived home.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
oooooooooooooooo nice one :) :)

:lol2: i said she'd drop when the weather picked up mid week... i bet that other one drops tonight or tomorrow.. now that will be fun, kiddie racing round the paddock :)

congratulations nanny pam :2thumb:

N

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
awww congrats hun...they look adorable and beings as I adore goats anyway....this definately gets the thumbs up...do u keep the kids or do u find them new homes...im not fishing i just wondered wether ure like me when my animals have babies...i cant help but to keep at least one....lol

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awww congrats hun...they look adorable and beings as I adore goats anyway....this definately gets the thumbs up...do u keep the kids or do u find them new homes...im not fishing i just wondered wether ure like me when my animals have babies...i cant help but to keep at least one....lol
I keep the girls and eat the boys :lol2:
The little female has been named 'Louise'. The whole time I have kept goats I always have one 'Clara' (mum) and one 'Louise'.
When 'Maude' kids, I'll have to think of another name if there are any females.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
awwww how cute is that :D :D congrats and keep the pics coming as would love to see them growing up. Would love a goat but havent the space :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
aww congratz. :flrt:i'm glad all went well. remember to get them on the list for the BTV 8 vaccine asap. Mine had theirs yesterday and the vet said that he thought long waiting lists will start to form.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
congrats Fenwoman xx
just a shame that you missed the birthing process

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats Fenwoman xx
just a shame that you missed the birthing process
Seen it dozens of times before so not really bothered other than I wanted to be with her as it's her first kidding and to make sure all went well which it did in any case. I've been keeping goats for about 25 years now.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Seen it dozens of times before so not really bothered other than I wanted to be with her as it's her first kidding and to make sure all went well which it did in any case. I've been keeping goats for about 25 years now.
Do you slaughter the males your self or do you get somebody else in?
I dont think i could ever get tired of seeing the birth lol im just a romantic and cry everytime lol

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i believe they go to an abbatior.. there are all sorts of rules and regs about killing at home these days.. my meat chickens for instance.. as i kill them at home myself, i am not even allowed to give them away to people for human consumption.. they can "buy" one for their dogs to eat.. but not for themselves..

pam - if i come up with a tin of purple spray.. can i mark my "section" on him *grins* i've never, to my knowledge, eaten goat before, so as much as he is cute.. i will also have a certain sadistic pleasure in watching him grow..

N

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
i believe they go to an abbatior.. there are all sorts of rules and regs about killing at home these days.. my meat chickens for instance.. as i kill them at home myself, i am not even allowed to give them away to people for human consumption.. they can "buy" one for their dogs to eat.. but not for themselves..

pam - if i come up with a tin of purple spray.. can i mark my "section" on him *grins* i've never, to my knowledge, eaten goat before, so as much as he is cute.. i will also have a certain sadistic pleasure in watching him grow..

N
i suppose that if you rear your own food to eat then you know exactly what it has been raised on, that its had a good life and so on. I didnt know that you can raise your own animals to be consumed but need to send them away to be slaughtered

1 - 20 of 43 Posts