Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of our irian jaya cross coastal carpets is actually crazy, out of all the hatchlings hes the only one with an agreessive nature, unfortunately hes the male were keeping

he was born with an eye that looks unreactive to light so we think hes partially sighted

he was great at first but now he is an obsessive biter, he waits for hands to near the viv then hits you with constant tags while u handle him - hes nuts, ive called him boggle due to his strange eye and have even been tagged (for the first time ever) ross has had it about 40 from him, hes a wee scarey boy, even when hes been out the viv for ages he still keeps biting, strange very strange, he was docile for a whole 5 mins after birth

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ross says he is his fave as it gives him character, hes got a funny eye and a nasty temperament, i reckon hes gonna be ross's boy from now on.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
ours was the same as a baby, constant striking and biting with only about 10-20 seconds between strike/bites. soon calmed down with regular handling. I must have lost a few pints of blood over the months handling him :lol: but was worth it in the end :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
funny thing was he wasnt a biter at all, he was great until they moved to their new viv (only 3 of em left now, one is earmarked for jack tho and the other 2 r keepers) since he got in there hes been wild, watches out the glass for u approaching then comes up and waits to bite u, even out he constantly tags, hes nuts, it started with him getting me for no apparent reason when i was fishing out bonnie, he slid across to me and wham. now he wont stop, ross keeps pulling him out to see if hes still doing it and gets attacked, hes broke the skin a few times, its actually comical as hell, he looks so cute when hes doin it, this big mouth for such a wee wiry fella

·
Registered
201 Posts
hunnyxbunny said:
ross says he is his fave as it gives him character, hes got a funny eye and a nasty temperament, i reckon hes gonna be ross's boy from now on.
from what i've heard thats a bit like ross. running again. even faster. :lol:

·
Registered
407 Posts
awwww cute and the biting adds to the cuteness thats the way i picked my albino burmese she went for me so i thought hey shes fiesty il take her lol shes calmed down now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Maybe he's biting due to the partial sight, an insecurity issue perhaps?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
they look really nice, shame about biting, but i guess he will stop in time

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
if they cant see ,thehy bute and strike at anything and may be a bit hyper becausethye dont knwo whats touching them or where.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
weve had a good exam of him and he responds from that side, seems to be able to see even slight movements too so maybe he can see but def not as good as the other eye

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
couldnt you try using gloves when you want to handle him baby my b/r/b was very nippy when i got her and i just used gloves for a few weeks now she a wee angel i think its due to the fact that snakes dont like the taste of the gloves so they just stop biting but he is a wee sweetie <3

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I hope he chills out before he gets to 4 feet or you might start getting bored of the tagging. lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well we have a 4ft green rat snake and its the same the bites dont hurt but they bloody bleed like mad it should calm down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts