Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so went to the rep shop today for heat mats etc.. didn't intend to buy anything but then something caught my eye.. they had a blotched king and a cali.. so i asked to have a look.. now when i looked at the cali I think they've made a boo boo.. it seems to me its not a normal but a banana.. can anyone clarify if it is please as ive put them on hold.. and dont want to splash out cash if its not

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Is that one of the kings you told me about earlier? Its purdy actually lol, but re: your question....have no clue lol, just thought Id comment though!

:D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its the one i told about you earlier. Decided i should put them on hold though as I should be coming back with at least one snake.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
well all i can say is, i wouldnt eat it!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Its hard to find anything definitive on what makes a banana a banana!

Personally I think for something a bit unusual its probably worth getting whether you're certain or not. There is something interesting there even if its not banana.

·
Registered
991 Posts
i dunno wether it is a banana cos i only ever seen albino bananas, the pattern doesn't look like a banana but i could be wrong, it's not a normal anyway.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I do want to get him/her.. but its marked at £70.. thats where the problem lies. its alot of money for something that may not produce anything like it. I guess it could go with trial and error and breed to a normal cali to see if i produce bananas.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
sure u can get them lower if u ask :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried.. won't do it any cheaper.. i get 5% discount anyway.. but still.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
hey i quite like that dude

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It's not necessarily the pattern that makes a Banana a Banana, it's the color, a quite distinct banana-yellow and brownie black, kinda like what an over-ripe banana would look like. That one there does not look like a Banana King, it looks more like an Abherrant black and white...
Steve

Very pretty snake anyhow Timmy....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
well thats a very VUR snake i would bye that anyway cos its cool not just to breed it
dan

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beckys_dad98 said:
It's not necessarily the pattern that makes a Banana a Banana, it's the color, a quite distinct banana-yellow and brownie black, kinda like what an over-ripe banana would look like. That one there does not look like a Banana King, it looks more like an Abherrant black and white...
Steve

Very pretty snake anyhow Timmy....
I know its the colour you muppet :lol: :lol: But it is rather yellow.. not completely brownish on the other markings though.. and yes she is pretty.. think I might have to get her. :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i would agree to be honest

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agree on what Nige?? :lol: :lol: Agreeing with Steveyboy?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
agreeing that i dont think its a 'nana :lol:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I think I will get it as the pattern is amazing.. even if it doesn't become a breeder it'll be a vlur snake I can show off :lol: :lol: Ill try and get some decent photos when I get it so you can see the colours properly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts