Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Looking for a docile web maker for my son who wants to move up from his chile rose. Any suggestions? As spiders is my weak point please no silly suggestions.

Thanks all

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a Gbb... great webbers! Google Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and see it.. gorgeous spid!
Nice very nice anymore suggestions guys and girls

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
A pretty burrower is an indian violet. Chilobrachys fimbriatus. Not docile tho.. but once established produces lots of web but lives in a burrow.

Avicularia species.. tree dwellings spids that do nice tube webs :)

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
a Gbb... great webbers! Google Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and see it.. gorgeous spid!
I'm with you on that becky; gbb's are amazing. But if they aint your cup of tea you could go for one of the Avic sp.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I just bought a GBB sling. Fantastic spider. So pretty but nothing like it will be when it's adult. It eats everything and so far it hasn't disappeared under the cork. It has even started webbing which was the reason I got it in the first place

·
Registered
904 Posts
A GBB sling is a great chioce but then I would be biast as I own a sling they are great as a second T I think mine never stops eating and the webbing is great! This was taken a few weeks ago it has had amoult since then and is even bigger!

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Chilobrachys sp,
Ceratogyrus sp.
Avicularia sp - some, but most of the webbing consists of a web retreat constructed on the bark of trees and things
Monocentropus sp.
These are all pretty heavy webbers and easily attainable, except M onocentropus sp. of which there is only the one species available in the trade (Monocentropus balfouri) and its blooming expensive.
Therre is other webbing families but these are the easiest to get imo

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Chilobrachys sp,
Ceratogyrus sp.
Avicularia sp - some, but most of the webbing consists of a web retreat constructed on the bark of trees and things
Monocentropus sp.
These are all pretty heavy webbers and easily attainable, except M onocentropus sp. of which there is only the one species available in the trade (Monocentropus balfouri) and its blooming expensive.
Therre is other webbing families but these are the easiest to get imo
I have never seen a Monocentropus balfouri in the hobby, I know they are about, but just personally never come by one. Have you got any idea where to get hold of one, and how much? They are soooooo beautiful, and even though they will cost a bomb, I will have to get hold of one at some point.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I have never seen a Monocentropus balfouri in the hobby, I know they are about, but just personally never come by one. Have you got any idea where to get hold of one, and how much? They are soooooo beautiful, and even though they will cost a bomb, I will have to get hold of one at some point.
OMG!!! I just found out that Lee at the spider shop has 2cm slings for £145!!! I will have to dream for quite a bit longer I'm afraid :(

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Iv only got one, they where illegally exported a few years ago, and a sac was produced.
They have been sold in the hobby for a few years i thinki, but only recently has any kind of numbers been available.
The price will drop rapidly as they are very communal and hardy.
I have seen pictures of groups of 20 juveniles still kept with their mother without any known cannibalism.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts