Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...

sounds a stupid question.... i understand knowign the weights of your reptiles is very important, especially if breeding them,,,, and i do this with all my lizards/geckos, but ive never weighed any of the snakes, how the hell do you do it ? tie them in a bag then put them on the scales ?

just curious what methods you guys find works best...

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
257 Posts
i just put them on my digital scales, i might have to do it a few times for them to stay still and get an accurate result but i don't put them in a bag or anything.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah I have like a big plastic tray I put on my scales..... the Corn didn't seem to mind but the Rat Snake took some convincing and some how ended up behind the goldfish tank....... so I give that one up as a bad job as it didn't seem to happy
Lesley

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I weigh a tub, zero the scale, stick the snake inside, whack the lid on....and there you have it :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
got a set of digi kitchen scales i got lol. sweet

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
When I'm at home I weigh them in a bag but when I'm at the vets he insists on weighing a tub with lid then adding the snake and subtracting the weight of the tub.. Both methods work well. Another way for bigger snake that like to be handled is to weigh yourself, then do it again holding your snake and subtract your weight. My vet also likes this method.. (he is a funny chap!) 8)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I was wondering how you would weigh an 18+ foot retic' guess holding him and weighing him works as long as it all fit around you with about 3 people there for backup :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts