Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My girlfriend has a 6 foot 2 Common Boa - Ozzy - and she is a little concerned about his weight. He weighs in at a tad over 2900grams ... would you say he is underweight? He was a 'rescue' snake five years or so ago from an 'Hey! I got a Boa Constrictor - im cool!' type owener who didnt treat it at all well and Ozzy suffered extrem rot in his belly amongst other things. Nikki has really looked after him amazingly and he has made great recovery in general, but recently has been off his food. He seems ok and active enough - but the weight issue is a little concern.
Any info greatly appreciated,
TIA
Rob.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
ive got a 5.5 foot femalt common, its a bit late now so ill weigh her in the morning for you if ya still need me too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,
Thanks for that ... would be a good comparison once i works the maths!
Im still trying to figure out about ya Royal ya have on offer ... pity im back in Plymouth .. was living in Redcar up till last year! LOL!!!

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Hi All,
My girlfriend has a 6 foot 2 Common Boa - Ozzy - and she is a little concerned about his weight. He weighs in at a tad over 2900grams ... would you say he is underweight.
My five-foot-ish Common boa is about 2000 grams, give or take - I'll weigh him properly when I get home from work.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Can you post a pic of the head and the back of the snake and a whole body shot then i can get a prof answear has my friends a vet

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I never weighed my boas tbh, but if you put a picture of him, normally you can tell if they are underweight, etc.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
hiya rob, ive weiged isis.(my 5.5 foot female boa) and shes 2900 gramms.

didnt expect her to be that heavy, but she is quite stocky :no1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts