Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy lad now has a classic corn hatchling.
Thanks Lostcorn for the snake and thanks to Cornphase for pointing me in his direction.
Picked it up last night and have a question.
Tried to feed it tonight as it had it's last feed just under a week ago and it's not showing any interest.
Too soon?
Not settled yet?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Corn

Just leave the pinkie at the entrance to its hide.
It will probably be gone in the morning.

John

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Congrats mate! Don't worry too much, Like Lostcorn says you can leave one in but if its not gone I wouldn't be too concerned. Just wait a few days to let it settle in :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, I thought we might be rushing it a bit.
If it's not gone in the morning we'll chuck it and give it another day or two.
Those pinkies look damn big next to a little hatchling though.

I'll leave the pics for a couple of days as well to let it settle.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
cornphase? is it greenphase or cornmorphs ? lol

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
thought i better make sure the right person gets the credit :lol: even if its ryan

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeah, especially if its me lol.. nah i dont mind.
if i can help john sell a snake or two then i will do

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tried feeding it again tonight and still no go so I have a couple of questions, one more stupid than the other.
Stupid first.
There's no gradation in size of pinkys is there? They look exactly the same as any illustration of them on suppliers websites.
I do realise that the average snake can cram quite a lot down but I'd just like to feel a bit more comfortable that it's not starving hungry looking at something thats too big.

The other question relates to temperature.
We bought the heatmat (10x12) and thermostat (microclimate 100) from Camzoo as recommended in a previous post by Mark67123.
The hatchling is being kept in a faunarium which is sat half on the heatmat and the thermostat set to about 83 which is what Lostcorn said he kept them at but it's not reaching that temperature. The thermostat is constantly on and the temperature doesn't climb much above 80.
This is despite sitting the heatmat on some corrugated card wrapped in foil to direct the heat where it should go.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hatchling

Hi Brian

I fed all the other hatchlings from this clutch on monday night.
None took the pinkie straight away.
I left the food at the entrance to a hide and every one had gone by tuesday morning.
This is how they have been fed each time.

John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts