Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so my hognose has just recently shed this morning. I have just noticed this unusual behaviour he’s been doing since then, he hasn’t ever done this before after he’s shed.
I have checked him over and can confirm it’s a full shed so I have no idea what he’s doing. I have attached a video below of what he’s doing.

Video

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Hehe, im not sure how to put this, he's um, he's a horny little monkey, its likely the hormones released when he shed that stimulated it , its harmless, he's OK, you may notice his appetite will drop too, again normal, tis the season of love at the moment. 👍

for some reason this is common in cali Kings too.

rgds
ed

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have seen this in my corn snake too. it had a couple of spinning sessions then settled down again.
as a side note, would this be a definitively male behaviour? i was told my corn was female, and i cant see any clear indicators to say one way or the other. doesnt matter to me, just curious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, im not sure how to put this, he's um, he's a horny little monkey, its likely the hormones released when he shed that stimulated it , its harmless, he's OK, you may notice his appetite will drop too, again normal, tis the season of love at the moment. 👍

for some reason this is common in cali Kings too.

rgds
ed
Aha yeah, I thought there was something wrong with him, maybe stuck shed. He still going in circles constantly :D

many thanks

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
its usually males yes
i have seen this in my corn snake too. it had a couple of spinning sessions then settled down again.
as a side note, would this be a definitively male behaviour? i was told my corn was female, and i cant see any clear indicators to say one way or the other. doesnt matter to me, just curious.
its usually males yes, so your Martha may very likely be an Arthur ;)

rgds
ed

·
Registered
139 Posts
found the video of mine doing it. it worried the hell out of me when i first saw it, thought she was cracked in the head. it makes for a much more comical scene in the context of being horny though.

it would be great to know for sure but i have no intentions of breeding it so i dont really see any need to put it through probing. besides the indecision is quite funny, my mum finds it hysterical to refer to it as he/she. may have to rename it to bowie or rebel, given that we are not sure if its a boy or a girl.:giggle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts