Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldnt help myself..... LOL

Look what I bought yesterday afternoon from Nottingham Retile Centre:

How cute is he/she? Fed last night too :D

Any suggestions for a name?

·
Registered
301 Posts
i do!!!they have to be the sweetest little snakes out there!what you called him/her?

·
Registered
301 Posts
here's a piccie of our hognose,we were going to get a pair and call them tubbs and edward from the league of gentlemen,coz of their up turned noses,but we called ours irwin.i cant really think of any more names..mrs piggy perhaps??? :D

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I just adore Western Hognosed. I'm after some of these myself!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I used to hate hognoses...didnt like the look of them at all... now after seeing everyone elses and seeing some in the scales at the show on Sunday I tihnk they're great. :D Cant think of any names though as I always find it hard with my own names. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
wllcr said:
nice hoggie, that snake looks great, i really dnt know to much about them but are they not slightly venomous???... please correct me if i am wrong
Not venemous.. its modified saliva.. which you're unlikely to get a reaction from.. there is a possibility if you are allergic to bee stings..

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
isn't all venom modified saliva? i dont know. They will rarely play dead in captivity although some do. Mine used to hood up like little cobras and when you picked them up they would shite all over you! They did calm down but one still hooded up. You will have to ask Pendlehog if he still does as she owns all my old westerns!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i started to like them a bit, but the misses said NOOOOOOO lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
CONGRATS LIISA. Gorgeous snake with fantastic temperment and personality. Enjoy evry minute with him/her. I thoroughly recommend everyone to have a hognose or two or three in their collection. Well worth everything. The perfect snake so says Busybee. xxx
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.