Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
the question is, is he more of a plonka for buying a retic instead of a royal or for paying £250 for what he thought was a royal?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
the question is, is he more of a plonka for buying a retic instead of a royal or for paying £250 for what he thought was a royal?
Agreed, a royal is very different from a retic and I thought you would need a DWA Licence for a Retic?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im pretty sure you would need a DWA lol he is a plonka for both buying a reticulated and for spending that amount of money or a supposidly "normal" Royal lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
no dwa for a retic and i hope they dont require one in the future as im going onto them when i move out of the mothers house.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It comes back to doing your research again, you don't go window shopping on the net and impulse buy any animal (well I wouldn't anyway). I wonder how big the tank was that it was housed in?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Said on the site 30ft.

But yeah he said on there he knew nothing about snakes so he's calling for a ban on people selling animals especially snakes on the internet...

Why didn't he just do a little bloody research?

Even coming on here and saying "Hey how much do royals go for and does anyone know where i can get hold of one?"

Or even going into a rep centre...

What an idiot : victory:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Said on the site 30ft.

But yeah he said on there he knew nothing about snakes so he's calling for a ban on people selling animals especially snakes on the internet...

Why didn't he just do a little bloody research?

Even coming on here and saying "Hey how much do royals go for and does anyone know where i can get hold of one?"

Or even going into a rep centre...

What an idiot : victory:
Hit the nail on the head bud.: victory:

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
I'm pretty sure most captive retics are in the 14-25 foot range (I'm sure Reticulatus has more specific stats - I'm only passingly interested in the species, and only in the super-dwarf variants...)

No, they are not DWA animals - they don't pose a threat to the public. DWA licencing is not there to protect the keeper - it's there to protect people AROUND the keeper. That's why the species of snake on the DWA are all venomous.

But to be perfectly and completely honest...

If the guy had done his research, he surely should have known AS SOON AS HE OPENED THE BOX that the animal that had been shipped to him was not the animal he ordered.

I wonder how big the snake is now, seeing as that news story is nearly a year old?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i want to know who this "Ross Lambert" tit is......
i think that's the guy on t.v a couple of weeks ago. on some animal rescue programme whwre a snake died coz some idiot thought he only had to feed it once every 4 months. . someone here posted a link to where you could watch it on the bbc website.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
How big can retics grow?
Agreed they're a bloody big snake but no one on here would advise one as a first snake or for someone with kids.........Why didn't he buy a corn snake or something smaller? He's out of order calling for a ban because he isn't capable of being responsible..........I'd love a Marmoset but have absolutely no means of housing one so I'll go without, simple as.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I did several months research on corns, then asked myself several times "Can I look after it properly", I then visited my local retile dealer and asked loads of questions before buying my baby corn, Checkers.

It's not brain surgery and I'm sick and tired of hearing of people that don't do research, buy a reptile and then realise it's much harder then they thought it would be to look after them!!:censor:

Uneducated reptile buyers need to be banned!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
i think that's the guy on t.v a couple of weeks ago. on some animal rescue programme whwre a snake died coz some idiot thought he only had to feed it once every 4 months. . someone here posted a link to where you could watch it on the bbc website.
I took an 18 month BCI on from someone who had been feeding it 1 rat pup every 2 weeks, the poor sod hadn't eaten in 3 weeks when I got him......The owner wanted him to "stay small", hard to hit people sometimes.:whip:

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Has this link been posted twice or is the "man eating snake" thread a different story ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts