Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as i've said before my royal wont eat outside of her viv, shes only about 11 months old so i thought i'd try and get her out of her bad babit.
I took her out and offered her the rat and she turned around and went the other way, so, I put her back, let her get comfy and offered it again, she looks at it and leaves it, i'm going to leave it in overnight, but i'm not holding my breath. I'm not going to bother in the future, she can eat in her viv, bad girl :naughty:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Mark, all my snakes are eating in their vivs at the moment. My royal is about 3 yars old now, and I got her from baby. I never fed her outside of the viv. Right at the start I tried a couple of times, and I noticed she got very stressed out with that.

Once she started eating well in her viv, I never bothered to take her out for feeding again, she seems cozy and happy like that, so I'm happy as well :D

By the ways, all my snakes are great feeders, but I normally say she's the best feeder in the house, she never missed a feed since about one month after I got her.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
all of my snakes eat out of there vivs if your royal is not keen on feeding out of its viv you could try feeding it in a plastic box

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I also had a poor feeder BP & she eventually did start to strike at food, but ONLY if she was in a seperate box. found out why in the end, her sister who when i get em` was in with her used to intimidate her so she got stressed at mealtimes, it don`t happen now since i split em up. :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I feed all mine in their vivs with no problems - I just put some paper down on any that have loose substrate. My BP will feed outside of her viv if I want her to - but is there a reason you do don't want yours to feed inside viv (just curious :) )

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didnt want to feed in the viv because she ate some substrate once, she was fine, she usually eats no with problems, striking and constricting like a goodun, I'm going to leave her in the viv from now on as shes eating in there.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
OK, I just wondered is all :) When I first got a snake I was worried about the substrate too so put down a nice big bit of paper and make sure they eat on that. I was told on the BP forum (and others) it wasn't too much of an issue as they have to digest the bones, teeth, etc of the rodents - but I just like to be safe :lol:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
weel tried again tonight, this time in the viv, she nearly ripped the tongs out of my hand. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I'm never leaving my corns sitting on a cusion or something to feed, they're too quick to slide away! lol. I stick them in a really useful box one at a time, to feed them :p

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
markhill said:
weel tried again tonight, this time in the viv, she nearly ripped the tongs out of my hand. :lol:
Nice to hear of good feeding responses :D When I feed my sav his food on tongs he sometimes jumps up to try grab the tongs too just to make sure he hasn't missed anything - daft lizard! He definitely knows what tongs are for and will come out and sniff at them if I leave them lying around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts