Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i've got 2 turtles in quite a big tank they are only babies at first i thought one was attacking the other due to territory but not to sure just seen on behind the other just nudging it this being the same one that as been attackin other any advice on what to do someone told me to get 2 more and they will get on better but i'm not convinced about that just thought they could be male and female you see? thanks dave :D

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Softshell's will normally start breeding when the shell size is about 15" diametre. That normally takes 18 months - 2 years. And also depends on their habitat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i wouldnt even think about getting two kore unless youve got a HUGGE tank mate, youre gonna need a massive one for them when they grow as it is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shell shocked said:
i wouldnt even think about getting two kore unless youve got a HUGGE tank mate, youre gonna need a massive one for them when they grow as it is.
yep your most probably right i know they will get bigger but maybe i don't realise how big. you when they do get big could i somehow put the out in the summer when its warm but only for a few hours say but only if i keep watch on them! i might have to get another tank and put one of them in that. dave :D

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Pond temperature rarely get up to 25c in the summer even if it is 32c outside. I would keep them inside all the time.

As for a home when there bigger - a 10' long x 4' wide x 3' high would be good for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts