Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into my local rep shop today and got talking to another customer about our pets. He said has a 13 foot berm, and he had pics on his phone. I was totally shocked when he showed me his pics. He had a pic of the 13 footer wrapped around his 4yr old daughters neck with her holding its head and trying to kiss it. I asked him why he would allow such a thing, his reply was this: 'ohh, shes ok, she lovers her around her neck and is always giving her a kiss'. I don't own a snake of that size, but I personally believe that what this guy was allowing is totally rediculous, irrisponsible and highly dangerous. I told him my opionion and he said: 'oh, shes a lovely snake, she hardly ever bites'. HARDLY EVER BITES? And he has it around a 4yr olds neck? What if it decided to constrict?

·
Registered
407 Posts
god damn what kind of man is this? he have a brain? i have 2 burms and there only small compared to that but i wont let my nephews and nieces near them for fear they would get hurt. and my snakes have only bitten me once! thats just total irresponsibility. yes the child was safe this time but what about next time... this is just reckless what an idiot. :x :x :x

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I felt like slapping some sence into the clown. I did give him a little bit of my mind though, I think any responsible person would have done the same. I just hate idiots who do things like this!

·
Registered
407 Posts
i totally agree with you. what if the burm did constrict by the time he would have released it. it would have probably seriously injured/killed the child (sorry to sound so blunt) but i could happen. these might be beautiful snakes and yea can be tame but they still have there wild side and do still have the instincts to kill. if i was u i would have slapped him about a bit :? sry but im very pissed off with this guys utter disregard for the safty of his child

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
thats the reason i wont get 1 as i have 2 wains and both of my wains like to get my snakes out and have a hold and as i treasure them dearly i dont think i will be getting one any time soon you should have got him to send it to your mobile and then shown the piccy to the social services see whos laughing then asshole

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I told a few of my snake collecting friends the story and they also said they would have slapped him, I really wish I did now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
you should have got him to send it to your mobile and then shown the piccy to the social services see whos laughing then asshole
totally agree with you. this guy well all i can say is hes irresponsible, idiotic twat. i know people get to hold these large snakes in zoo's but there its under total supervision with people who know exactly what they are doin. even they wouldnt put a 13ft burm round the neck of a young child because of the damage it could do. really wish it was me there i woulda knocked him round the shop for being so reckless.

sorry starting to rant.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i let my daughter (15 month ols) hold my snakes, even the big ones but i would NEVER let them round her neck, shes only a todler and already knows to respect them. letting his daughter try and kiss it! i know a guy who got bitten on the face by a 10ft bci and he lost the sight in one eye.
what a ****ing twat this guy must have been

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen him in there a good few times in the past, so I may see him again in the future. If I do I will see if he will send me the pics and then do something about it. I just wish I had thought of that while I were there. I was just so pissed off with him at the time I couldn't think. I needed to get out of there before I smashed his face in with his moble.

·
Registered
407 Posts
lol maybe if i still had my corns i might have let my newphews hold them under very very close supervision from me but i still wont let them hold my burms just incase somthing did go wrong and someone got hurt either my newphews and nieces or the snakes and good idea incubuss i couldnt blame you for trying to get these pics and have somthing dont about it. just a good job u didnt smash his face in with his phone you would have no chance of getting them pics then lol

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, yer, I would have nothing to go on then would I? lol. But seriously, if I could some how get pics off him (which I doubt due to the abuse I gave him) what should I do with them? Post them on here? Send them somewhere? I don't have a clue where I would send them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
407 Posts
well if u could get them u could put them on here just as a warning to people of what not to do. then im not sure what you could do about them.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
report or phone the police for child endangerment the fecking asshole totally unbelievable how some1 with such a small ammount of common sence can father a child complete and utter w***er and im not saying that every1 who lets their wains hold a snake is endangering their wain im just sayin lettin a big snake like that wrap itself around a small wains neck is endangerment

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've heard mixed opinions about the friendliness of burms, you always see pics of little kids holding them and stroking them. From your burm keepers experiences how is their behaviour?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The other issue with this kind of lack of common sense is that IF there is ever a problem with this snake, it will be the snake that pays the ultimate price by being destroyed.

It will be the snake gets the blame, the idiot father will get a slap on the wrist from the RSPCA or some other body.

Then there will be the usual daily mail frenzy of kill all the killer snakes. Similar to the issues surrounding "killer" dogs.

Before you know it it will be illeagal to keep snakes of any size just in case, or they will have to be licencened by the local council or something.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I've deleted the original popst as I realised that i had phrased my point wrong and it souned like the total opisite of what i meant.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Miranda said:
well, if an 'accident' does happen, lets just say hell have no daugheter but a not so hungry snake.
Thats just not funny,if the 4 year old gets hurt i will be his fault cos she doesnt know any better n obviousely trusts her dad,,,what a d**khead :!:

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Miranda said:
well, if an 'accident' does happen, lets just say hell have no daugheter but a not so hungry snake.
you have left me speechless miranda. i lost a gaughter last year in a road crash and what you just wrote is just .i have no words to describe it. it was stupid. its not a laughing matter losing a child no matter what way it happens.

·
Registered
407 Posts
im so sorry to hear of your loss lynne must have been a terrible time for you and must still be :(. i do agree with you what miranda wrote was a bit on the wrong side. but she does have a point if anything was to happen it could seriously harm the child and maybe take the poor childs life. all in all i can only say the same thing i already have. the farther is reckless and irresposible and doesnt deserve the right to own such a beautiful snake if he is going to do such silly things as to put it round his childs neck.

again so sorry to hear about the loss of your child

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Burmese Man said:
im so sorry to hear of your loss lynne must have been a terrible time for you and must still be :(. i do agree with you what miranda wrote was a bit on the wrong side. but she does have a point if anything was to happen it could seriously harm the child and maybe take the poor childs life. all in all i can only say the same thing i already have. the farther is reckless and irresposible and doesnt deserve the right to own such a beautiful snake if he is going to do such silly things as to put it round his childs neck.

again so sorry to hear about the loss of your child
i dont think he deserves the child either. it is devastating you never get over it, and i would noyt wish this on my worst enemy. but it just seems she was making light of a child dying.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts