Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'd like to give Arcadia a try and was wondering if anyone can tell me what Arcadia light I should get for my chameleon?

I've had Isambard 6 years now and in that time I've nearly always used Reptisun 5.0 18 at 20 watts. I have a reptiglo in there at the moment that says 24" 20 watts on it (not very good, wasn't my choice but seems to have done ok). Now I have no idea what make my starter kit is because it's ancient and has no branding anywhere on it but it says '20 watt unit for 18/20 watt lamp.' Based on this info what Arcadia shall I get? I'd like to have a go with the T5 one but not sure it will fit my unit as they're slimline aren't they? Or is there any other make of lamp I'm missing that's any good? Cheers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I'm just looking for advice on the bulb and not an entirely new canopy but thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
HI

just to confirm you will not be able to run the T5 system through your existing controller. Which is a shame, as it really is the best possible

but we can help :) you will need this code FD318 this is the D3 18 watt 24" 6% lamp.

unlike most brands our lamps are full spectrum in colour so you get a nice bright viv but is also guaranteed to be upper UV index potent for 12 whole months,

put the right reflector behind the lamp to stop the massive wastage from un-reflected lamps and you will have the best possible for your species in T8

let me know if I can help further

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.