Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of you know theres a reptile so called rescue run by a bloke called Ian. i dont want to go into the ins and outs but his practices have got to be stopped. this is not a personal attack, its an attempt to let people know about him and hopefully change things. i recently heard from an ex member of staff who was very committed to helping the animals in his care but has been forced out after raising a few concerns. now hes left there seems to be Ian and a few kids!! surely the health of the animals should come first.

i was thinking of getting intouch with the tv company that went there to tell them that they should go back with a reptile expert and do another program on him. he seems to essex's answer to crocodile dundee!! hes not interested in the welfare of the animals and prefers to play up to the cameras and enjoy the attention.

what can be done?? why dont the herp society get down there and sort it?? after all there arnt many reptile rescues about so the more the merrier but they need to be run properly or whats the point?? the animals in his care would be better off foaming free!!

·
Banned
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the rspca should go down and have alook. with an expert with them as we all know what they are like with reptiles:lol2:i cant beleive that nothings been done:bash:

·
Banned
991 Posts
Hey lefty, do you have an address of where he is based? maybe a few forum members could arange a group trip down there with cameras and take some pictures, after all, if he has improved things as he said he has in the last big DWARF thread, then he should have no problem with this!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hey lefty, do you have an address of where he is based? maybe a few forum members could arange a group trip down there with cameras and take some pictures, after all, if he has improved things as he said he has in the last big DWARF thread, then he should have no problem with this!
If they'd agree to opening the doors and at least listen to people opinions that would be a good start.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

I am not to familiar with the workings of reptile rescues.

How do they work? Are animals left in the care, of the said person, then sold on?

Is this person just in this line of "business" to make a quick buck?

I assume his boardings so to speak aren't up to standards?

Do you need any licenses from the council to be able to trade? If so would they not be the best bet, assuming you need a license that is.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i run a small rescue in my area through my vets. i get reps and dont sell them on as i cant and i dont want to make a profit. id rather keep them instead of passing them from pillar to post as not fair on the reptiles. ive not heard of d.w.a.r.f so cannot comment but seems to be an idiot from what ive heard

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
I am also tempted to run a reptile rescue thingy.

I will rescue only the top end stuff please such as BHP's, womas, diamonds and selected carpets.

Royals and Boas not included :whistling2:

·
Registered
904 Posts
From what I made out from the last DWARF thread is that he doesn't keep the reps in good conditions and when faced with criticism he rang the RSPCA saying a forum member on here isn't keeping their reps properly. Sounds like a right mug.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
is dwarf on that animal 24/7 program sometimes

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
he seems to do things right but spose he would on telly

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
I am also tempted to run a reptile rescue thingy.

I will rescue only the top end stuff please such as BHP's, womas, diamonds and selected carpets.

Royals and Boas not included :whistling2:
lol, are you joking? surely if your rescue somthing you rescue it because it needs help, not because of what it is???

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.