Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right in the future im gonna be looking at breeding corns so what pairing's should i get to get high quality morphs?

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
What morphs are you interested in?

Plasma's are mint, as are Snopals/Opals IMO :)

Don't know the genetics on Snopals/Opals but LavenderBloodred is Plasma.

·
Registered
25,693 Posts
Anything striped is increasing in popularity, you can quadruple the price of a basic morph such as butter by adding stripe to it... don't even know how much lavender or opal stripes are going for this year but :mf_dribble: :mf_dribble:

Your basic staples are

Normals, Amels, Anerys, Snows, Hypo, Ghost, Caramel

Then you've got your middling stuff

Butter, Amber, Bloodred, Lavender, Blizzard (Anery B Amel)

Then your slightly rarer stuff

Opal (Amel Lavender) Snopal (Amel Anery Lavender), Fire (Amel Bloodred), Granite (Anery Bloodred), Hypo Lavender, Hypo Bloodred, Pewter (Anery B Bloodred)

Then there's even more...

Avalanche (Anery Amel Bloodred), Sulfur (Amel Caramel Bloodred), Plasma (Lavender Bloodred), Whiteout (Anery B Amel Bloodred)

Then we've also got the newer genes on the market, some co-dom, some unexplored.. we've got Cinders, Ultra and all the genes that came forth (Ultramel, Golddust, etc), Lava/Ice

And I'm not covering them all...

The rarer it is, if you can add motley you can make a killing, if you can add stripe - well to some of the rarer things this has never been done,or very rarely done in the states, certainly opportunity's for "first in the UK" on the higher range with stripes.

Obviously the higher up the list you go the more you're paying out, with some corns going over $1000 for babies in the states.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Original post by ReptileCrazy
Right in the future im gonna be looking at breeding corns so what pairing's should i get to get high quality morphs?
It's entirely your choice as to which cultivars appeal to you &, also, what is 'currently' appealing to the market when you breed your adults!

My best advice is to obtain good quality stock to begin any Breeding Programme.

Lex

·
Registered
977 Posts
Plasma corns

Hi read the thread about which corns to breed and i had the same idea of breeding corns do you know what corn morphs i will need to make Plasma's?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Hi read the thread about which corns to breed and i had the same idea of breeding corns do you know what corn morphs i will need to make Plasma's?
Lav x blood.

I'm aiming for plasmas in the near future, not to sell, I just love purple corns, and want loads in my collection :D

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Lav x blood.

I'm aiming for plasmas in the near future, not to sell, I just love purple corns, and want loads in my collection :D
Lav Blood x Lav Blood or Lav het Blood x Lav het Blood or Blood het Lav x Blood het Lav or Norm het Blood het Lav x Norm het Blood het Lav :razz:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Will u be selling them

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its the price that gets me. they were at a uk show for 275 quid, i though that was way too low. more like 500 is about right here.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
its the price that gets me. they were at a uk show for 275 quid, i though that was way too low. more like 500 is about right here.
Why £500?

If people are happy selling for £275 they are entitled to, I didn't realise there were so many high priced worms, I'm gonna do an import I think, plasma's for £150-£200 should be easy enough to sell :whistling2:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
becuase at the time they were the same price in the states. thats how it works, 300 in the states works out at 500-600 here.
if people want to sell at that price i guess there is nothing anyone can do really.

·
Registered
25,693 Posts
Was that at Barking Nige? I remember there was a table upstairs that had some very high end corns on the far right at Barking... and he seemed to be selling them at a good half the going price, but still no one seemed to be buying. I was tempted, but I have to admit, being cheaper than I expected I actually thought "what's wrong with them then", and left it.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
same here.. i didnt look too close either as i thought the same.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
becuase at the time they were the same price in the states. thats how it works, 300 in the states works out at 500-600 here.
if people want to sell at that price i guess there is nothing anyone can do really.
How does 300 in the states work out as 5-600 here?

$300 there - about £150-£160 cost for the snake, £300 over there is £300 over here cost for the snake.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
How does 300 in the states work out as 5-600 here?

$300 there - about £150-£160 cost for the snake, £300 over there is £300 over here cost for the snake.
300 quid i ment sorry.. you basically change the $ to a £..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts