Reptile Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
They're not T's though. I thought they where pretty active. And a 5cm active weta would soon cover all the space. With that typed though I know little about them.
Well, compared to a T almost anything is active to be honest.

I've had them before. They arent like crickets really. Those I had sported almost wasp like colouring.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
He was the only 1 who had them in at the time. And it's swings and roundabouts. For example he was cheaper than TSS for Idolomantis diabolica recently.
I suppose. I always think £40 for something WC is a bit naughty personally

·
Registered
11,665 Posts
I suppose. I always think £40 for something WC is a bit naughty personally
I didn't pay that for mine. With that typed having her now I definitely would have done. Absolutely amazing arachnids.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm looking for something that's going to be active most of the day but from what I've read, wetas are nocturnal, right?

·
Registered
11,665 Posts
I'm looking for something that's going to be active most of the day but from what I've read, wetas are nocturnal, right?
Jumpers are active by day when they're hungry or in a curious mood. Absolutely fantastic little spiders.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There are plenty of Jumpers around at the moment! I have some available currently too! They'd be perfect for that side Tank...

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

Well, yes, but when I had them they werent not active through the day.

Up to you and others will say otherwise, but I wouldnt put a single JS in set up that size. You'll barely see it.

·
Registered
11,665 Posts
Well, yes, but when I had them they werent not active through the day.

Up to you and others will say otherwise, but I wouldnt put a single JS in set up that size. You'll barely see it.
That's a good point. With some decor in you could be hard pressed to see a jumper at times.

Reactions: Mr Mister

·
Registered
11,665 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Quite like the assassin bugs but agree, they are very expensive and I'd like to have a couple but couldn't really afford it. What would lady birds be like do you think - only problem I see is feeding them during winter.

As for a jumper, I've had a couple before and it really depends on personality, but it's quite rare to get an outgoing one.

Any more interesting critters?

·
Registered
11,665 Posts
Quite like the assassin bugs but agree, they are very expensive and I'd like to have a couple but couldn't really afford it. What would lady birds be like do you think - only problem I see is feeding them during winter.

As for a jumper, I've had a couple before and it really depends on personality, but it's quite rare to get an outgoing one.

Any more interesting critters?
I bought my Psytalla horrida (giant spiny assassin bugs) off ebay for an absolute fraction of that. So you certainly can afford them if you're patient and look around.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I bought my Psytalla horrida (giant spiny assassin bugs) off ebay for an absolute fraction of that. So you certainly can afford them if you're patient and look around.
Never really though about E Bay for anything except Praying Mantids.

He could always get a much less costly species anyway. They'd do ok in that set up, and they seem to breed easily

·
Registered
11,665 Posts
21 - 40 of 64 Posts