Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of disinfectant do you use to clean your vivs? I was going to put some diluted milton into a sprayer and use that but it smells quite strong, will it be ok to put sid back in there afterwards? Thanks..

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I just use hot soapy water.....:2thumb:

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I use hot soapy water then diluted F10

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soapy water being fairy liquid??

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Soapy water being fairy liquid??
No for me, that stuff is evil makes my hands break out in excema. I use a mild natural non detergent soap

·
Premium Member
16,512 Posts
for a general clean I use soapy water (fairy - is kinder to your hands -lol) For a thourough clean I use milton and then leave the viv to air until the smell has gone. You can also buy some pet friendly cleaners.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I spray everything, (viv, dishes, my hands etc :)) with a pet shop disinfectant, either beaphar BeaClean or Johnson's Clean'n'Safe, £2.99 each.

Thats a very funny picture of your corn, the 3rd one with a big head:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for a general clean I use soapy water (fairy - is kinder to your hands -lol) For a thourough clean I use milton and then leave the viv to air until the smell has gone. You can also buy some pet friendly cleaners.
How long approximatly do you leave the viv to air after using milton??

·
Premium Member
16,512 Posts
Just til the smell goes - prob an hour or so if there is good air movement - I make sure it is dry first

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all!!!:2thumb:

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I use diluted 'Ark-Klens' "Safe germicide and cleanser for routine vivarium use"

I use this for spraying the vivs down with and wiping over.. doesnt really give off too much of a smell either. I am however thinking of getting some stronger stuff to give the vivs a blast over with ever couple of month just to be on the safe side!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
if you want to strip down a viv and get rid of smells and grems try (Jeyes)
best ever very very strong no good to use if reptile is in viv i use it when stripping down a viv.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I always use trigene, i have a diluted version in a trigger spray and i also have pre treated trigene wipes.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i use a disinfectant used for chicks in incubators its wicked plus it kills mites and touch wood ive never had mites in 12 years it needs to be aired though coz it smells a lil freeky but its nothing major, doors of for 10 mins and its fine

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lots of good info...thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts