Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the repeat question but i cant seem to find my other post, so here goes..........What do i need to house a corn snake, please include absolutely everything. :wink:

Thanks.....tomgriffin :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sooooo much, how much do you reckon that should cost as im going to a local reptile shop :) and would like to compare prices and possibly haggle :lol:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i just made a huge post and it got wiped so bugger it, sorry ive just had it tooo much today, gona have a bloody bath.

·
Registered
179 Posts
corn

id say about £50 mate for all if u get a tub

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
save your viv money for when its a bit bigger, and get a food storage box from tescos and drill or melt some small holes in the side and top. for substrate use kitchen roll till its bigger, and for hides cut an empty bog roll in half and voila two hides. get the size of heatmat you will use when snakie goes into the bigger viv, but just put 1/3 of the tub on the mat. be sure to use a thermostat (matstat is good) to prevent overheating.
when snakie is big enough to go into a bigger viv keep the box for if you have to transport the snake, and also for feeding outside the viv if you choose to. also its somewhere secure for when cleaning the big viv :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I just did a post and lost it too! :evil:

But eeji had it covered it anyway :D

One thing though, cheap mat stat:

http://www.camzoo.co.uk/pi456430420.htm?categoryId=12

But - planning ahead - what you could do, so that you could use it with either a bulb or ceramic when you have a proper viv, is to get either a dimming or pulse stat now and use it for the heatmat in the meantime.

(If you got a dimming stat for a heat mat, it would have to be a Microclimate as they have a min load of only 5w - the Habistat dimming stats are min 40w.)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just to add.

Don't get a pulse stat if you want to use it with a bulb in teh future. Your snake will end up with his own little disco strobe.

Dimmer stats are the most versatile as you can use them with virtually anything.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree with carl about dimming stats - except that the Habistat dimmer has a min load of 40w so can't really be used with single heat mats.
The Microclimate has a min load of only 5w so could be used for any wattage bulb and most, if not all, mats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts