Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi iv been lookin on ebay to see if anything is new outfor reptiles, and ive come across a moonlight for reptiles, they say its suppost to help if ur lizard etc is stressed and also breeding behaviour? has anyone got one or wat r ur views about them?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If it's an exo-terra moonlight bulb, they're not new, have been using these for my royals for ages...If not can't help sorry!Ben

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
What do they do? just pretty coloured light or are they like UV lights with the light of the moon... and now I sound really stupid lol I'm gonna say it's just a pretty light lol

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
If you mean the little LED moonlight kits that you can put in fish tanks then they are ok, a bit naff and certainly nothing wonderful:2thumb:

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Its just a night light basically. Supposed to be like moonlight.
I think they are pointless to be honest. I wouldnt use any lights overnight as it can disturb the reps sleeping.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i wouldn't use it in a beardie's viv, but i do use one in my leo's viv. it's so dull you can hardly see and it's more purple than blue but i can see him enough to make sure he eats :)

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
Yeah, there the blue LEDs, its what gave me the idea for the lighting at nights for the Crestie, but she dont seem to be as active when its on, so i cut the strips down untill she was active and discovered there was only 2 LEDs left and gave hardly any light off so i took them all out.:bash:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Ive got the exo terra night glo. Im not using it permanently right now but when I put it in my viv first time to see what it looked like. My male (was in there with 1 female at the time) stopped wandering around the second it was turned on and basically jumped on my female. So I guess they're not lying about the breeding stimulant part :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts