Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What do all you guys and gals think about having a scam bad shop page.

Where if you come a cross a scam or a dodgy shop you put your thoughts on this page.

All you experienced keepers dealers will know all the scams but newbies may well not.

It would be nice to have a page for reference then if you come across something you can post it.

slither61 :snake: :snake: :snake:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
i dont think that will work unless there was a way for the poster to hide there name because i dont think any one would want to bad mouth a shop or anyone with there user name showing i wouldnt

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
weelad said:
send me the name of the shop and reasons and ill put em up :)
if we put it in the off topic, there are no mods. and one person could post, and everyone else can PM said deligate, this was only 1 pesrson would know, and if it is a trustworthy person (mod) then there is anonomality (sp)

otherwise, just start the topic, those who want to post will, and those who dont, wont...

i dont see the point of not sharing expiriances good or bad.

·
Registered
336 Posts
there are a number of sites that do this already, i see one al the time on reptile keeper's for sale page. could give a name or too myself :evil:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
also, there are libel laws to be taken into account... i am sure you would not want to see T-bo being sued for something you said on his site!

the captive bred forums (http://www.captivebred.co.uk) have a section like this though..

N

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
There must be some way of making a list.

I know the libal is a problem, but if an idiot shop owner is making a dishonest living by sellig pets to misguided wannabe rep owners then they deserve to be named at least.

If you can't post the list on here prehaps you can just make an excel document and circulate via email. This way its not actually public, but you can make public tha fact you have a list.

Or post the list on a bogus account on photobucket or something??

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Maybe do it the other way round. A list of recommended shops etc. If it aint on the list, then it aint suported. This way, praise and shameless plugging of reputable shops occurs, and the less said about the shitty ones, the better.

·
Registered
336 Posts
trouble is there some peoples idea of bad is different to others, i mean i had the right arse with one mail order company and it turned out to be royal mail, its something people have tried in the past bup is always outdated or becomes a site for mud slinging

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I had big problems with one web based company, didnt deliver my viv, debited me twice. refused to discuss it, as they didnt take any money off me. Turns out i intered my security number form back of card wrong. still, someone authorised the payment, then someone else cancelled it. Stupid carry on, but i think the company are well respected, only my experience was bad.

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats my point, you had a s**** time of it but 100 other people had it great so it'd be hard to do for shops. private sellers are a different story people that sell dieing snakes or reptiles , or have mistreated them deserve to be named and shamed in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Remember its only libel if its not true or directly harms there business in anyway.

I think its good to point out the bad in those who are ripping us off or of you experienced a bad deal.

The end of the day, it will stop those from doing it or make other aware.

It also gives the person doing the bad deed to defend themselves.

I think the scammers should definitely be named and shamed.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
darkdan99 said:
if we put it in the off topic, there are no mods.
Yes there are mate :lol: I dont think its wise to start up a section on poor shops. If someone has a genuine problem with a shop and wants to let others know of THEIR personal problem (NOT anyone elses or any chinese whispers they've heard) it can be put in the "equipment and supplies" section or "general".

For example someone posted in General recently about some poor conditions in a local shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts