Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k, so Im bored and nosey and was wondering what you all did in life?

Im a mum of 2, voulentary Nursery worker (untill next week), and voulenteer at my local needle exchange.
Ive just completed my Criminology and Drug and alcohol abuse counceling Courses and Im hoping to become a Reperation worker when my youngest is at school full time.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am a "stay at home dad" of two (5&3) and work for the local before & after school club! As live in a small sometimes snobby village you can imagine the reaction i get from some of the mums (i refer you to my pic)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think thats great! not many blokes can handle that commitment, your missus is very lucky :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have been at home since my daughter was born(5yrs) so i am used to it now.The funny thing is you would think that would be most womans view but its not! All the negative comments/attitude i have had has been from woman,some dont even speak to me!
I love working with kids you get to run about,play football and have a right laugh,some of the others i work with though do nothing but moan!
I start college tommorow on my child play course thing,so i guess ill have all the odd looks whispering again from some,but luckily i dont care what anyone else thinks!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you! Woman can be viscious.
Its great example for the children to see a male working in school/nursery enviroment.
I agree that workin with kids is great as you get to be one yourself and children dont judge!
I can go into Nursery feeling like crap and all it takes is for one of the kids to notice and come hug me and it makes it all better :D .
I got alot of stairs to begin with (from the parents ofcourse) because of my image, but this what the kids loved about me.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i agree with you 100% although i have to adopt a no touching policy with the kids as i am a man!
I find that if i get the woman in a one2one then the are fine,its when you get them in little groups and cliques that they can be funny.Ps i am not a woman hater just a typical man whole dosent get it!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
simonc said:
i agree with you 100% although i have to adopt a no touching policy with the kids as i am a man!
I find that if i get the woman in a one2one then the are fine,its when you get them in little groups and cliques that they can be funny.Ps i am not a woman hater just a typical man whole dosent get it!
I understand why, but that shouldnt matter, you hug your own kids, whats wrong with hugging others if they need it when there upset.
We always ask the mums how they liked to be comforted and most say a cuddle works, so thats what we do.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nat your not just a stay at home mum, you are owner of fast growing zoo!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
i'm a stay at home dad also with 3 kids(6,8,16 months oh and 1 on the way),i used to work as a railway engineer.but was signed of for post traumatic stress due to the accident's,suicide's and other thing's ive seen working on the railway.i'd love to go back to the job i love at some point.but at the moment i couldnt cope with it.but for now im happy looking after my son and wife.plus i have enough to do with all the animals we have...lol

and simon i know what you mean about the looks from the mums.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again, fantastic, good for you Stu! I need to get my husband on here to take insperation!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
lol miss,i enjoy working but ive worked since i was 17.i spent the last 6 yrs working on channel tunnel in london and south east england.so it's nice to spend quality time with my family in scotland even though i am originally from hastings where all my relatives are.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
LMFAO owner of fast growing zoo??? hhmmmm me thinks me should be charging an entry fee to visitors then!! hehe....would at least pay to fed some of em :lol:

·
Registered
920 Posts
not a whole lot lmao. home educated but tht well easy nd i got a gardenin job but tht reely bout it-not tht i have a pointless life lol. :D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Im a full time reptilian guard for my reptiles.. :lol: :lol: I sit here and make sure they don't get stolen. Or Im a full time house husband... either one works for me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Graduated from Bristol in computer science... got a job in Cardiff as a Web Developer... No Kidz, loadsa rep's, live with the misses... Previous years spent in pub

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I think we had the same thread not long ago ... but not to worry, it gets us another post :D

I graduated in Business Admin a few years back. I work for a major freight forwarder around Heathrow Airport, and I do export consolidations.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I work for printers, run their mailing house.... or at least I do for the next six weeks!! I finally get people trained so that I can work part time and have my afternoons to myself and they company decide they're closing our site and making us all redundant! Grrrrrr....

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
yr 11 student takin GCSE work exp on oct 16th n then goin 6th form n uni(hopefully)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts