Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
i gutload my roaches with fish flakes and bug gel theyre really good becuase they dont go mouldy or smelly before they get eaten they last about 4 days

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I use crushed wheatabix for food.
and any leafy veg [same as beardies/uro} for the moisture

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I use potatoe slice it up change it every morning sumtimes i puta tiny cap of water in too :p

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a lees kricket keeper - its difficult to get food in anyone have any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
lol...no they eat it.. its what they need.. any bran/wheet/to an extent oats, fish flakes are ok but smelly and skanky..

i tired them with crackers the other night [jacobs cream crackers u know] but i hurt myself trying to crush them so wasnt worth it lol.

i keep morio/mealies the same way but in smaller tubs with more wheatabix and less veg.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I have a lees kricket keeper - its difficult to get food in anyone have any suggestions on that?

yeh..buy a cheaper, more appropriate normal plastic aquarium with ventilated lid like you see about in various sizes all over the show.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
jacobs cream crackers!?:lol2: cor, you spoil em don't you!:smile: i could really eat some now....mmmmm...

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
My secret recipe is muslie or as mentioned wheatabix! Bit of salad as well for some moisture.. job done! Crix will pretty much eat anything though including themselves

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
My secret recipe is muslie or as mentioned wheatabix! Bit of salad as well for some moisture.. job done! Crix will pretty much eat anything though including themselves
you hav CRIX THAT EAT THEMSELVES? CRAZ BASTARDDDS :)

oh here comes the bad rep lol..

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
you hav CRIX THAT EAT THEMSELVES? CRAZ BASTARDDDS :)

oh here comes the bad rep lol..
:lol2: im telling you swore:Na_Na_Na_Na: :lol2: do you get bad rep for that if so im in trouble,cant always give good advice without effing and blinding can we!not that i give expert advice but i do like a goos swear at the end of a workin day

·
Registered
475 Posts
For crix I use bug grub and fish flakes for food and bug gel for moisture. Bug grub for calcium and vits and fish flakes for protein. For hoppers same food but savoy cabbage for moisture. I keep my livefood in the large flat faunariums as I've got a fair few mouths to feed :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Believe it or not I got an "official warning"on an American forum for saying "damned" :werd: .

I use the bug grub in the bags from livefoodsdirect as its meant to be gutloaded already then chuck in some pak choi or chinese leaf for the insects to nibble on. Feeding time I put some nutrobal on 2-3 times a week for the dragons and every time for the monitor.

·
Registered
249 Posts
at the moment I'm feeding them the LGD 'cos my leachie won't eat it, they usually get fish flakes and fresh veg.(mine love parsley)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
I get bad rep for swearing yes.

I also get a red card for Thats cowpoo [insert name] and you fathing know it

in big bold letters...it will expire in a few days.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I got a few packets of small locs and put them in a tank with a heatmat and a swede and they are massive now!: victory:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts