Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone does with their empty livefood tubs?
Apart from the obvious and throw them out.. I did find a company that used to buy them back for 10p each + postage but their site seem's to be down at the moment :(

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Aaargh dont throw them! People are always wanting those tubs, Im certain someone will take them off your hands.
A lot of people use them for hatchling tubs and for transporting hatchling snakes and lizards.

Theyre also good for storing odd bits and bobs like stick insect eggs. Im sure other people have loooads more uses for them.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My mantids and baby spiderling live in 'em

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i use them to take crix out of the big tub to feed to my bd.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Some shops take the empty tubs back in return for 5p each off of the price of new (full) tubs. They can always come in handy for incubating eggs and stuff though 8)

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i used to sell hatchlings in mine

G

·
I keep all mine as well and now have well over 100.Not bad for someone that only keeps 2 tarantulas but they will come in handy for the corn hatchlings this season.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use them to pack inverts in when I sell them. I also use them as various invert housing.

I'll take some off your hands for the cost of postage if your interested, I can pay via paypal. Not really worth me paying postage unless your willing to send 20 or more :)

Pm me :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i keep some,...or should i say i used to..now i buy in bulk so dont get them.
Decided to not buy pre tubbed for when we have our shop either, gona buy in bulk wholesale and tub them up ourselves, plan to give 20p off next tub when customers bring them back.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I save all mine, probably got about 100 or so. Eventually I will use them for hatchlings and other things in the pipeline.

You could always collect them and sell them on ebay, someone will buy them. :lol:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Mine are all over the place but yeah will probably be selling hatchlings in them next year.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I house hatchlings in mine.

When I lived in rhyl The living rain forest give you a feed box of food if you returned 5 empty ones which I always thought was good. He never got his hands on mine though lol

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
lol :lol: :lol:

tell a lie he did when i sold him loads of my hatchlings in em damn it I should have asked for my free food would have got shed loads

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
littlelinnnies said:
lol I don't think he does that anymore! :cry: :cry: :lol:
Oh no ah well go and tell him that Matt and Ian in Abby Pets have started to do it and I am sure he will start again. No thats nasty. It was good for all the rep keepers in the area though when another rep shop opened in Rhyl lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts