Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello was just wonderin what equipment would i need for a beardie vivarum not going to buy at the moment would just like to add up what sort of money i would need thanks

Rob

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
For starters a large Vivarium, Followed by....

Dimmer stat
Screw in light fitting unit
60 watt basking bulb - for a 4ft
2x Temp. gauges
Arcadia light starter unit
Repti-glow 8.0 UV tube
Décor: Large branches
Rocks (optional)
Fake plants (Optional)
Subtrate (babies use kitchen towel)
Water dish
Food dish (for greens)
Nutrabol or Repton (for dusting crickets)
And Crickets/greens for when you get your beardie home.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Becky Wheeler said:
For starters a large Vivarium, Followed by....

Dimmer stat
Screw in light fitting unit
60 watt basking bulb - for a 4ft
2x Temp. gauges
Arcadia light starter unit
Repti-glow 8.0 UV tube
Décor: Large branches
Rocks (optional)
Fake plants (Optional)
Subtrate (babies use kitchen towel)
Water dish
Food dish (for greens)
Nutrabol or Repton (for dusting crickets)
And Crickets/greens for when you get your beardie home.
Nothing personal Becky,but this is my own list:
160W Mercury Vapour UV lamp (or 100W for smaller vivs)
50W heating wire with thermostat on 2/3 of floor surface
A wooden plank the size of the viv floor,to prevent the beardies from digging out the heating wire
10 kg of fine playsand
Large cork oak bark tiles for hides
water dish
ground sepia bone powder dish or cuttlefish bone dish
feeding dish
some fruit trees branches
tweezers (for crickets,to remove springing legs and to offer food items to the animals)
think also of back and lateral pannels (resine,home-made pannels imitating rock)

:wink:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
No offence taken mate, we all have our own way of doing things.

I can't really think of anything else?? My list was just a basic list i give to people who want one of my babies. And it's funny because once they get my list they rialized they needed a Dimmer stat?? lol.

I use the same equipment for my 6 beardies & babies and i have no complaints as yet.

OH OH!! Brainwave! When you buy the dimmer stat, make sure you keep the box and the receipt! cos they have a 5 year guarentee! Unfortunately i chucked mine, So bad girl!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Becky Wheeler said:
No offence taken mate, we all have our own way of doing things.

I can't really think of anything else?? My list was just a basic list i give to people who want one of my babies. And it's funny because once they get my list they rialized they needed a Dimmer stat?? lol.

I use the same equipment for my 6 beardies & babies and i have no complaints as yet.

OH OH!! Brainwave! When you buy the dimmer stat, make sure you keep the box and the receipt! cos they have a 5 year guarentee! Unfortunately i chucked mine, So bad girl!!
does it?, bollox as i always throw my boxes out :(

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The reason why I would recommend the mercury vapour UV lamps are:

-Compared to a neon tube,UV output is much higher (around 40% of the spectrum)
-You do not have to change them every 6-12 months.My lamps are still working and producing sufficient amounts of UV after 2 years of daily use.
-Distance required for the animals to benefit from the UV radiations is longer : 1 ft approx. for a neon light, 2 ft for MVLamps.
-Neon tubes must be connected to a ballast ,so the tube+the ballast varies from £32-45;i pay my UV MVLamps @ £15,and no ballast is needed.
-Heat produced makes an excellent basking spot with adequate temps for beardies,spiny-tail lizards,desert iguanas,bosc monitors,ackies,and similar species.
-No or little additional heat source in the viv is required,for animals living in extremely hot settings,a 25 or 50W heating wire will be ok,according to viv size.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ive had my beardie for 6 months now and today i changed the whole ting. i got
2 fake plants(makes it look gud)
2 basking logs(1s enough but if their small get 2)
a bag of bedding(snow sand and wood chippings r the best)
a hideout(optional)
a feeder(small)
a drinker(small)
and it only cost me £36:00
but if you dont have the right heating you can buy the ointment to put in its food or the proper lighting(its better) it costs for a small tank mabye £40:00
joe

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hi Mate,

Only thing i would NOT advise is to use Reptile subtrates for a baby! Kitchen roll, news paper or floor tiles are a good choice.

And i quote "but if you dont have the right heating you can buy the ointment to put in its food or the proper lighting(its better) it costs for a small tank mabye £40:00"???

What kind of tank exactly? and UV and Heat source?? HUH? Sorry if i sound stupid but what are you on about exactly.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
LOL Mutt you are so funny! This is my 2nd clutch, i have another 14 incubated but half don't look so good?? Only time will tell i spose.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone anyone know a good site that i could buy these things off cheers

Rob.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts