Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was unable to go this year and decided to use fathers day for what it's for :lol2:. But a mate went and said there were easily 6-10 empty table with loads of community safety officers about. He spoke with a guy from Liverpool who was selling pythons and he lived about an hour away from us so he asked if he could have his number, to which the guy replied "Sorry I'm not giving my number out after what's been going on this morning!" So what happened?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I saw the community safety officers, probably just a deterrent but cant say I noticed any empty tables, but the I was one of the first in and had left by 12.

I thought it was a well run event, plenty of security around just in case, no issues from what I saw.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Wierd, it seemed like something had happened.
Unless you/your friend are referring to events leading up to the show, which there are plenty of threads about, but I never saw any issues at the actual show.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps. I will take a look through the threads then see what I can find, sounds interesting! I am going to the September show so there might be something I need to watch out for perhaps.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think it was mentioned that some people had been called (possibly by the APA) to do deals on snakes in car parks etc, maybe it is to do with that.

That was prior to the show though.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He did say something like that. He breeds stick insects and has always traded them for other things with the table holders, but was told this year by organisers that he couldn't take them into the centre.

·
Banned
970 Posts
He did say something like that. He breeds stick insects and has always traded them for other things with the table holders, but was told this year by organisers that he couldn't take them into the centre.
Quite right he should book a table and support the show like the rest of us paying out for tables. Rather like wandering into a pet shop and tapping up customers. Don't think pet shops would tolerate this type of behaviour.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is defo doing that next time. Whilst we are at it, did you notice if anybody had taken any Rankins dragons?

·
Banned
970 Posts
Come to think about it there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the car park at some point. From what I heard there was a group of Herpetologists holding an anti APA demo and burning an effergy of Elastaine Toadland dangling from a stick. When it fell to the ground they then proceeded to take their shoes off and started to hit it. They also started shouting and chatting down with America the home of satinists, not too sure why. Apparently they are planning on doing this again this coming weekend outside the Eastbourne residence that she is currently held up in along with a load of other women.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Come to think about it there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the car park at some point. From what I heard there was a group of Herpetologists holding an anti APA demo and burning an effergy of Elastaine Toadland dangling from a stick. When it fell to the ground they then proceeded to take their shoes off and started to hit it. They also started shouting and chatting down with America the home of satinists, not too sure why. Apparently they are planning on doing this again this coming weekend outside the Eastbourne residence that she is currently held up in along with a load of other women.
:lol2:

That cant be true?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If thats true (and I heard nothing of the sort before) then they need to have a word with themselves.

Not only is it highly irresponsible, and maybe illegal, but its going to do our hobby absolutely no help at all.

Death threats, threats of physical violance, insults or any other incident like it are completely dplorable. We may not like Elaine Toland and her cronies, but they are still human beings who deserve a 'peaceful private life'.
Besides, thos kind of actions are the thing AR's do, not a respectable community like us.

Reactions: Big_Rich

·
Registered
623 Posts
If thats true (and I heard nothing of the sort before) then they need to have a word with themselves.

Not only is it highly irresponsible, and maybe illegal, but its going to do our hobby absolutely no help at all.

Death threats, threats of physical violance, insults or any other incident like it are completely dplorable. We may not like Elaine Toland and her cronies, but they are still human beings who deserve a 'peaceful private life'.
Besides, thos kind of actions are the thing AR's do, not a respectable community like us.
To be fair you would have thought we would have heard about this already if it was true, which i'm sure its not lol

·
Banned
61,457 Posts

you didn't actually think they were being serious did you?

Burning effigies, down with America....

·
Registered
3,076 Posts

Your too funny :2thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
The truth about Donny as i saw it.Great turn out. Some absolutely stunning snakes Very knowledgeable stall holders. Very difficult to get around as it was very crowded at times. Great bacon buttys in the restaurant. All in all a very worth while day out. If you could not attend you missed a good show.
PS plenty of security with a couple of big lads in case of trouble.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Show went just fine. Though it was insanely crowded. I don't recall noticing any empty tables, but if there were any it was more than made up for by all the full ones, and all the people! I was there all day, and kept going in and coming back out again because it was too crowded to see anything until about 2:30 in the afternoon!

There were a few people asked to move along because of cameras in their bags, but apart from that (and the people running the show getting very, very tired), all was entirely well, so far as I know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts