Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my royal python on the 10th june for my b-day :D and the shop im getting him from is selling small tubs for them and i got 2 heat mats one is a 12 watts and other is 7watt the 12wats is 11x11 and the 7 watts is 6x10.86 something like that so im unsure what one to use the tub im going to get the snake is small enough room for 2 but i checked the temp on the 12 watts and that goes up 2 30c but its big im unsure about the other so what one to use or should i get another one?

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what stat would i have to get anyone got a link for me to read up on them please. and what are the timer to turn off lights i want to get one.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
You need a matstat, cost around £20 from any reptile supplier. As far as which mat, it really depends on the size of the tub really. Make sure the mat only covers a third of the floor space. If you use a mat which is bigger, you are wasting money on heating it, although they only cost pennies to run anyway.
You will only need a timer if you are using artificial lighting, which for royals are not needed. All they are is a 24 hour time plug, you can pick them up for a few quid at Tescos, B & Q etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts