Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some small mice for the first time the other day for Sid, as I thought they looked ok in the shop. Now Im home Im not totally sure weather they are too big for him. I know they shouldnt be more than one and half times the width of his widest part but I find it difficult to judge his size, if you know what I mean. Will he try and eat it if its too big, or will his instincts tell him its too big and to leave it? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Also can you keep mice / pinkies in your freezer forever without them going bad??

·
Registered
416 Posts
yer hell prob eat it!...then either spit it out or get it dwn only to decide to regurge a day or so later most likely lololol
as long as there not mahooosive compared to him then you can only try!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS!!! :2thumb::2thumb:

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
In my opinion, if you're having trouble gauging whether its too big and you use the limit of 1.5 times the width of the snake then it probably is. Why put the snake through a partial regurge? Frozen will keep for around 3 months, so feed it some smaller stuff first.

:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have always kept mine frozen for 6 months without any probs:2thumb: , after 6 months I throw away any left and buy my next 6 months supply: victory:

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I have always kept mine frozen for 6 months without any probs:2thumb: , after 6 months I throw away any left and buy my next 6 months supply: victory:
I'm sure you could keep them frozen for a year or so, but if you look on most food packagings they state you can keep them for frozen for 3 months, so I use this as a basis for my snakes too. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts