Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right quick Q?

Just got this fella, he's 3 yrs old and as you can guess male but we dont know what morph he is, they said he was either a crimson or a flourecent orange (not sure on either but I'm better on my boa morphs then my corns)

so yeah if anyone has any ideas please let me know??

Cheers guys

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hi that is a beautiful corn snake i have one the same colour, we called her dasiy :lol2: and she 5ft long now i was told by the man i bought her from that she was an AMELANISTIC but have seen photos of this colour snake and she looks a little different, she looks more like a SUN GLOW to, well that i think.....

Hope you find out soon...

6.corn snakes
2.cats
4.kids(all boys driving me :crazy: lol)

Sam

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I thought i'd put i photo of my female corn on here so you can see her?

Hope you like her :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have an almost identical female sunglow corn.
Please correct me if im wrong nige,but i believe a sunglow is an amelanastic corn that has no or very little white on it?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Lets all post pictures of out sunglows.....

:wink:

Yeah does look like a sunglow to me (now knowing what one is :oops:)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
didnt you know that gaz? I thought everyone new what a sunglow was !!!(nige told me a couple of moths ago! lol)

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i would imagine a sunglow, flourescents are quite rare really, even though they are amels

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Looks like my male Sunglow. I'd post a pic but not managed to get my camera recognised by the computer yet!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeah i would say alomst certainly, theres not a great deal of white

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
They are all very pretty snakes - I'd love a corn that colour some day :)

Nigel - do you have or are expecting any babies sometime soon? My nephew wants a corn as his first snake and they live relatively near you.

Just noticed other thread with your links etc - they're all lovely :)

G

·
I would say a sunglow as well.

Basically sunglows are specifically bred low white amels.

Sam your corn is an amel but it also looks like it could be a reverse okeetee.The only way to tell properly would be if you could post a pic of the snake stretched out a bit

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the help guys some lovely snakes you guys have got there.:razz: This has really helped, its didnt really matter to me what he was as i just fell in love with him in the shop :flrt: but its always handy to know as he may be bred with my female anner in the future so at least i can try to work out what to expect from the lil'ens lol

again thanks

xxx

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
If you breed him to an anery then you can expect to get snows as he is a type of amel :)
I thought I read somewhere that amel x anery = all visual normals with some het for snow. Is that right or wrong? I'm not very good at this genetic stuff.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I would say a sunglow as well.

Basically sunglows are specifically bred low white amels.

Sam your corn is an amel but it also looks like it could be a reverse okeetee.The only way to tell properly would be if you could post a pic of the snake stretched out a bit
Ok hun i will do soon just need to find the lead so i can connect to my laptop :lol2: i'm bad at losing things :idea:

6.corn snakes
2.cats
4.kids(all boys driving me :crazy: lol)

Sam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts