Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easy way to sex a corn? I don't fancy the thought of a probe! and neither doe's my corn.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry no idea (i no what u mean! u dont wanna try to sex it then end up hurting it or looking ta the wrong part!):blush:

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Simple answer is no!!

Hatchlings can be popped to determine male or not, but this is not 100% accurate, or safe! Adults can be compared together for tail size. Probing is quite safe IF you know what to do, I am sure there will be someone local to you who could probe for you though. It won't hurt the snake, unless done wrong of course.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
What is the problem getting it probed? I probe all my corns and have never had a problem with any of them. So long as it is done my someone who knows what they are doing, it should be fine. If it is still quite small, you may be able to get it popped.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You can do it by rubbing your thumb down from the clocoa and feeling for bumps. I was shown how to do it a couple of weeks ago. Very easy, once someone showed me!

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
You can do it by rubbing your thumb down from the clocoa and feeling for bumps. I was shown how to do it a couple of weeks ago. Very easy, once someone showed me!
I am a cynic but out of interest, did they tell you how reliable that method is?

I just sexed a snake yesterday that was a "def" male due to this method but it probed female.

I know no methods are foolproof but this one seems v weird to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts