Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

not joking here but here comes a simple but crude question, but what is lizard/ghecko/iguana poo like? i'm guessing they are like small pellets like rabbit poo becoming like sheep poo as they get bigger?

are they easily toilet trained in a certain place and not on you? are they clean creatures?

thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
They are fairly clean I would say. Their poo is usually one large blob, not like a rabbit, most reptiles will be hard to train although most do generally poo in the bath.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
well i dunno about geckos nd lizard poo, but snake poo is like bird poo but smaller. My boa poo,s like mini bird poo either brown or white or BOTH. Too much imformation sorry

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
my leopard geckos always poo'ed in the same corner. as been said they vary. beardie ones are totally different to leopard geckos which are nice tidy sausage shaped pellets with a tidy wee chrstals white piece(without being too technical)on one end

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
a good poo should look, like caveman says, a sausage with a harder white bit at the end. the white bit is urea and the brown is made up of waste product. with insectivores this is usually chitin (shell)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
boscs poo in their water and it stinks!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
lol when u give them a frsh tub of it and they dive straight in for a crap!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies, i get the picture now. they poo in the bath and it's of medium consistence and is a brown sausage like thing with a bit of white at one end... how often? lol

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
They dont always poo in the bath. most just poop on their substrate, though what i think they tried to say was that when u do give a lizard a bath, it usually relaxes its bowels whilst its in there aswell :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
my iggy poop`s anywhere and everywhere :cry:

is therte any way of training it to poop in one place (preferably his bath)

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
deian said:
thanks for the replies, i get the picture now. they poo in the bath and it's of medium consistence and is a brown sausage like thing with a bit of white at one end... how often? lol

reptiles poo's are almost as varied as reptiles themselves

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
what i have and how they poo
Bearded Dragon: every couple of days, brown/white, stinks :x
Boa Constrictor: every two to three weeks, brown "dog turd", stinks :x
Royal Python: every eight to twelve weeks, brown "dog turd", stinks :x
Cornsnake, every 5-7 days, white/brown, like bird poo, doesnt stink as bad. :)
Bit of a variety, poo differs with each different reptile.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
It completely depends on what lizard your talking about!

In general snakes poo looks like small dog turns depending on the snakes size, unless your my corn which invariable always takes a crap on me!

Beardie crap is the worst smelling stuff in the world. Seriously if you don't like someone stick some of this through the letter box!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts