Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Of the several species of snake I've kept by far the most placid are my BCIs. They don't even flinch when you get them out of their viv and they always seem perfectly happy when they're out.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Temperament-wise, most corns are much of a muchness - you get exceptions, like sunkissed, which always seem very reactive; Rich Zuchowski stated his Ambers were very placid.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
for a first snake i would go for a Boa of some sort. Handling doesnt seem to affect the feeding where as it might a royal.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Personally I find my boas the most chilled and easy to handle, saying that, I also know a few snappy antisocial ones as well (the fun ones that need gloves, thick jumpers and 3 people to comfortably catch and tub them.). It really depends on the individual snake.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The thing about boas is! their very unpredictable! The can be fine for months and then they'll have you without warning! apart from the obvious species, pythons are usually much easier to judge!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I must agree with 400 runner...We got two and where as they are mostly chilled some days they have a right go.....Have you thought about a carpet...Maybe a Bredli or an Irian Jaya...Both of these are easy to keep and quite layed back and the IJ stays a nice manageable size....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.