Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi R.F.U.K. What is the most 'laid back' snake? I mean corn snakes who like getting handled. I have heard the Florida Keys are quite calm most of the time. Can anyone help me??

·
Registered
360 Posts
Of the several species of snake I've kept by far the most placid are my BCIs. They don't even flinch when you get them out of their viv and they always seem perfectly happy when they're out.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Temperament-wise, most corns are much of a muchness - you get exceptions, like sunkissed, which always seem very reactive; Rich Zuchowski stated his Ambers were very placid.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
if its a first snake then i wouldnt suggest a BCI though, i mean people have done this, but its not ideal....lovely snakes though :2thumb:

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
Apart from my BCIs, one of the most laid back is my adult male bull and strange as it may seem my 6' male Dumerils.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
for a first snake i would go for a Boa of some sort. Handling doesnt seem to affect the feeding where as it might a royal.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
i say my royal python he/she will sit in my hand and stay there for a bit.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The thing about boas is! their very unpredictable! The can be fine for months and then they'll have you without warning! apart from the obvious species, pythons are usually much easier to judge!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I must agree with 400 runner...We got two and where as they are mostly chilled some days they have a right go.....Have you thought about a carpet...Maybe a Bredli or an Irian Jaya...Both of these are easy to keep and quite layed back and the IJ stays a nice manageable size....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts