Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as above. iv had so many escapees (snakes) ive found them under the bed, under the sofa, on top of another viv, under the computer keyboard, in a wardrobe, in my sisters bedroom...
whats urs??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Plant pot in the bathroom on top of the cistern..(don't ask!!)

·
Registered
266 Posts
behind another viv

·
Premium Member
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmmm yummy! i must admire the ppl who havnt had any my bf is always leaving just a little too mcuh of a gap open lol

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I've not had any escapees yet, but sometimes when Spike is out he goes missing- and I've found him behind the sofa, under the table, and halfway up the stairs :lol2:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
We had a Tangerine albino last year that escaped by climbing the wall and crawling through a small gap in the celing and we found him in a watering jug 3 about 6 metres from the rep shed 3 months later ;)

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
I have to question how you can lose a snake that many times, I lost one once and ever since I have made sure I havnt been careless enough to lose one again.

I found it in the understairs cupboard 3 months later by the way:lol2:.

·
Premium Member
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if u want to slate me u mite as well join the others on the snake thread iv already had a good 'telling off' cos apparently im a bad keeper. most r due to my bf not closing viv properly. 5 were wen the glass was broken and thre was cardboard instead. 1 was wen the corn got too big for its plastic viv n pushed the lid off etc etc :(

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
im not gonna start slating you they are your animals and your responsibility, just a suggestion though maybe you should get rubber wedges for the vivs, I have a sign on the back of my rep room door to remind me to check on the way out, just in case I have forgotten and I cant afford to have any escapes.

·
Premium Member
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ur a star iv been looking for them for ages! went on ebay and my bf was like 'I AINT PAYING £5 FOR A FEW BITS OF RUBBER!' These people are going doncaster im having a dumerils boa off thehm didnt even think about looking on there lol. i mite wait til doncaster cos they are selling stuff not reps so they mite have sum there! ta very much

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
they probably wont take them along unless you specificaly ask tbh. best bet is to give Paul a ring just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Seeing as we're talking about escaping reptiles, I thought I'd just tell you what happened a few weeks ago.
One of my friends cresties escaped once when I was replacing the water at animal rehab. Yeah, I know. He's normally really calm and I wouldn't normally think twice about opening the viv when he was on the door (it's an exo terra with the hinged type doors, not sliding ones). However he decided that he'd had enough of being mild mannered tindu and so leaped off the door two feet to my trouser leg, leaped two feet to the floor and when I tried to pick him up he lolloped of under a shelf. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" I said. "GET DAVID NOW!!!!" I cried to one of the students that i was working with. He proceeded to come in. He said, "I hear you've lost a gecko". I calmy said "yes". He said "which one". I said "tindu". He said "oh". I said"...yeah". We proceeded to hunt all round the room, all thw while I was thinking. Oh damn, that's £80, possibly more, drained from my bank account. David went to look a the end of the row of shelves about ten feet from where he scurried off and about 50 seconds after I lost him. "Oh, here he is" he said. Tried to pick him up, tindu hurled himself off his hand and onto the floor and jumped at a surprising pace along the floor towards me. David knelt down, reached forward, grabbed him and gently but forcefully put him in his viv and quickly shut the doors. "wow" he commented, "he's hyper today". I said "yeah, I noticed"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts