Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure Violet (the heavier) is a norm but what morph is Amber? The pics don't really bring out the colours but they both have strong yellows with carrot tails. Unfortunately after 3 years I'm going to have to part with them but have never really known how to describe them?

Violet

Amber

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
The one with partial spotting is a high yellow. The other is a super hypo.

I wouldn't really want to call them carrot tail though, definitely not the super hypo. Possibly the high yellow but hard to say from photos.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Some may say the high yellow is a hypo but technically it should have fewer than 10 spots on the body.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Just thought I'd add, lovely looking Leo's and a really good set up you're selling them with. I hope you find them a good home and sorry for you having to sell them.

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Best of luck with the sale...just looked at your advert and someone will undoubtedly want that lovely set up and 2 cracking leo's. It's sad that you can't take them with you as it will probably cost too much :(

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
hypo and probably a hypo if you want to get right nitty gritty with it, super hypos shouldn't have any spotting :2thumb:

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
hypo and probably a hypo if you want to get right nitty gritty with it, super hypos shouldn't have any spotting :2thumb:
The second Leo doesn't have any spotting? Or am I not seeing something lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I agree with you here. super hypo is no spotting on the back.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Look at the back, you can see where the bands are/were, there's a difference in pigment, if i was selling it i wouldn't say super

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Look at the back, you can see where the bands are/were, there's a difference in pigment, if i was selling it i wouldn't say super
You can see in lots of Leo's where the bands used to be. It's definitely a super hypo to me.

Can see the bands on her but would you say she's just a hypo?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
No that's not what i'm saying, you can see the bands on my shtctb before she goes into shed, look at ambers picture, there's a spot on the second band down from the top, i'm just being over critical but a super hypo is a completely clean body

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
No that's not what i'm saying, you can see the bands on my shtctb before she goes into shed, look at ambers picture, there's a spot on the second band down from the top, i'm just being over critical but a super hypo is a completely clean body
Doesn't look like a spot to me. Looks like some sort of scar. Especially in the last photo of the both of them she looks totally void of any body markings.

We'll have to agree to disagree ;)

Reactions: TWreptiles

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'd go hypo and poss super hypo as who's to say that Leo's don't break rules it's like saying an eclipse isn't an eclipse because it's feet and legs don't have socks on and it's nose should be white who's to say it isnt one because it's got small signs you going buy a rule that somebody's stated I've proved eclipses out with vertually no signs of this to me I agree looks like a scar of some sort.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts