Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to know what lizard could live happily in a exo terra 18*18*18 cube, i was thinking a crestie but what other geckos are there i didnt want day geckos as they need uv which just makes it all more expensive and i could spend that money on good decor.

what are leaf tails like and i also quite like fan foots?

·
Banned
7,935 Posts
fan foots are awsome

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i like fan foots not that many people seem to keep them though its just all crested geckos that why i am intrested are cresties easy to keep e.g will all of them always take cgd

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
if your not too fussed about handling mate then type 'gecko' into google images and sift through the wonderfull pictures till you see one you really like then come back and we'll help you out with specific care requirments mate.
as a starter for ya, take a look at marble geckos or golden geckos, beauty's.

·
Banned
7,935 Posts
i love how bum cucumber isa tag for this thread have you by any chance been talking to yasmin

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i have seen some golden geckos and some house geckos that were nice i also quite like gargoyles now could one of these live in a tank this size i didnt really want a gecko that will try and eat my hand if you go near it thats why i like cresties but i wouldnt really be handling just for cleaning purposes

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
you can't really handle a fdan foot mate, thay are faster than light lmfao, a cresty would do ok in there though, most gecko's with sticky feet are like the squirel from the film 'over the hedge' only with speed as well as red bull lmfao with the exception of cresty's.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
An 18x18x18 is fine for a juvenile Cresty, but IMO it lacks height for an adult. The same can be said for Gargoyles.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah true i might think of some other geckos but i am now considering amphibians

·
Banned
7,935 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do pygmys need any uv as thats like another £40 on top that i could have spent on decor plus i would have to b uy an extra box of crickets a week

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Ninja - Yep getting the set-up sorted:2thumb:

Herper - No UV required, but yeh they do require little crickets.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well now i am very intrested i thought they needed uv thats what put me off but dont the vrickets just climb through the mesh also how many could be kept in this size tank and can babies be put straight in or do they have to gradully move up size of tank

·
Banned
7,935 Posts
Ninja - Yep getting the set-up sorted:2thumb:

Herper - No UV required, but yeh they do require little crickets.
what setup you putting them in to
think i will quarentine them first as they are wc as they are from a farm in tanzania so probs need to be checked.
what species you thinking of getting.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Hi Herper
From what I've read so far, they can go straight in the exo. but like Ninja says, if they are wc it may be best to quarantine in separate faunariums to start with.

Ninja - PM'ing you

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
still lookng for some more options

·
Banned
7,935 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts