Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 2 new lizards, which i was told were long tailed lizards but i had a look on the internet and they don't match the pictures i saw, can anyone tell me wat they think they are, im not sure how much heat or substarte they need, they are currently on sand with just a heat mat.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
They have those i my local. I cant for the life of me remember what they were, they had the old label up with Leopard lizards on and had'nt put a new one up. :roll:
is that a leopard gecko tail i see? lmao!

edit..and head even. lol

Are they maybe a species of whiptail lizard?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That doesnt help my question, whats wrong with the viv?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
im sure they are long tailed lizards maybe just a different kind u saw on the net??? :? i was just asking about the pic because of the state of the tape that attatches the heat may to the back. :x :!:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmm.. not too sure on what type of lizard they are, maybe there are subspecies are long tailed lizards??
Can I ask why there are leopard gecko's in there with them?? :?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i personally think hes taken that pic inside the shop :? i was there last week and saw that exact viv and those lizards :? :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a pic of my viv, you can't see them that is why i took a pic of them at the shop. That is why im askin for help on what they are, all i know is that they were called long tailed lizards, but i don't think they are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iv been told they are Latastia longicaudata , some form of subspecies, of the long tailed lizard from Egypt, but there is no information anywhere on the internet, im going to set them up in a viv the same as my swift, with a cermaic heat lamp, cause there obvioulsly going to need the extra heat from it, Can anyone find any information on them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts