Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

can someone tell me the difference between a "blazing" blizzard leopard gecko and a blizzard leopard gecko? I have one of each here and they both look the same to me?

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
apparently, the blizzard has a blue grey white colour and the blazing has a pinky white colour......i think:lol2:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
yes blazing blizzards have red eyes, examples of both here

blazing blizzard (note the eyes)

blizzard

both examples off my website, there are also banana blizzards and paler ones with a lemon hue, both of which i hope to have next year.

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Yeah, Blazing Blizzards have red eyes. thats the only difference from what i've gathered lol.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
A Blazing Blizzard is homozygous albino in addition to being homozygous blizzard.

This OFTEN manifests as a bright pinky-white gecko that doesn't darken in colour when the temperatures change (though you can get the yellow pigment on them too).

The most reliable way to tell is by the eyes, though.

Greyish eyes with black pupils = Normal Blizzard, no matter how bright.
Pinkish, reddish or TAN eyes - albino eyes = Blazing Blizzard.

Not all blazing blizzards will have RED eyes - that's entirely dependent on what kind of albino they're homozygous for, and most Tremper albino Blazings will have tan-coloured eyes.

The gecko in my avatar is a blazing blizzard.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok, So my blizzard does go really dark, if this new one doesnt do that then its probably a Blazing. And I need someone who isnt colour blind (like me) to have a good look at the eyes - thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts