ide say a hypo red, doesnt really look pastel

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
you got a pic of her nails?

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
yeah, are they clear or a line of black then a line clear?

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
on some toes they look clear and on others they look black and clear:? strange:?

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
red phase, maybe orange phase? do you know what the parents were? in the middle pic on the back feet they look clear and on the front feet they look black and clear, but if they are all black and clear then its not hypo?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
red phase, maybe orange phase? do you know what the parents were? in the middle pic on the back feet they look clear and on the front feet they look black and clear, but if they are all black and clear then its not hypo?
i only checked the front nails i will have a proper loo now...

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
hmmm well what was he sold to you as?

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
morphs are more when you KNOW for sure its been line bred and the parents carry things..

like super citrus etc..

a lot of dragons are pretty and light etc but stil considered normals..

having a beardie thats much lighter like this one could mean a few things..
its a very plae normal that got all the light nice genes but came from normal parents..

its a mixture of something plus normal..

or u wont really know

if the nails have black its not hypo as far as i know.. hades dragons would be able to confirm that im not 100% on morphs

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
morphs are more when you KNOW for sure its been line bred and the parents carry things..

like super citrus etc..

a lot of dragons are pretty and light etc but stil considered normals..

having a beardie thats much lighter like this one could mean a few things..
its a very plae normal that got all the light nice genes but came from normal parents..

its a mixture of something plus normal..

or u wont really know

if the nails have black its not hypo as far as i know.. hades dragons would be able to confirm that im not 100% on morphs
thanks for all the information... i just kind of need to know because of his eggs...

hmmm well what was he sold to you as?
it was sold to me as a normal but im not to sure if he is...

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
im 100% sure that hes not normal!! ide say a very very colourful orange or red phase:D

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
yup:D:D theres quite a few:)

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
ok well did u breed him with something unusual or a normal..

u see the worry is that people are beginning to call beardies things they arent.. like citrus morph when they arent just because they have a bit of yellow etc,,

i prefer to call my male yellow... he wasnt bred from specific citrus parents or anything..

so hes my yellow dragon.. which isnt saying citrus phase or citrus morph..

i am however importing a super citrus morph from fire and ice whom i wil call citrus morph..

thats how i differentiate,...

it seems to be the reptile fashion just now to call anything thats slightly different a morph when it isnt but id rest assured your dragon is extremely pretty and very light so maybe the bbaies wil be too.. but they wont show that at birth possibly.. some super yellow citrus are born almost normal looking and they dont go very yellow till at least 10 months..

so it goes both ways..

a baby born light and yellow can just go dark and a baby born dark can colour up yellow..

however a definate MORPH baby wil always colour up to its morph making the parentage the only thing that can definately decide :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts