Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all
although they are not an expensive morph i got this beauty for really cheap when i got him he was in with a bunch of pattern less babies and i had to pick one so i obviously went for him. the man there was selling them for 70 each but as it was my first crestie he gave me it for 60 . after doing some research on the morph i have found that the average baby gecko of this morph goes for 90 to 200 pounds , what a bargain !

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've purchased a few Cresties with no lineage because they looked awesome and I just had to have them but I plan to pair them with a Crestie that has lineage so people are more likely to purchase any I'm not keeping.

Here is a pic of one of my girls that I got at a great price (purchased as a baby)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've purchased a few Cresties with no lineage because they looked awesome and I just had to have them but I plan to pair them with a Crestie that has lineage so people are more likely to purchase any I'm not keeping.

Here is a pic of one of my girls that I got at a great price (purchased as a baby)
View attachment 351311
Same here! 100% agree. Corpse has no lineage but zombie does and they should make some great babies!
Love your cresties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Crestie morphs aren't really a thing as they're basically all polygenic traits given names based upon appearance and different people have different opinions as the 'morphs' are not defined. They also aren't properly inheritable. The only true morphs of crestie are axanthic and lily white as they are definitive inheritable traits being recessive and co-dom. Dalmatian is also sort of inheritable.

In my opinion all cresties of the basic 'morphs' should be basically the same price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crestie morphs aren't really a thing as they're basically all polygenic traits given names based upon appearance and different people have different opinions as the 'morphs' are not defined. They also aren't properly inheritable. The only true morphs of crestie are axanthic and lily white as they are definitive inheritable traits being recessive and co-dom. Dalmatian is also sort of inheritable.

In my opinion all cresties of the basic 'morphs' should be basically the same price.
ok I know that i just call them morphs ass it is easier than poiygenic traits!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Soft scale are also co Dom and some Cresties can produce specific offspring! But I agree, calling morphs is so much easier.

It all comes down to how much people are willing to pay and how common they are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts