Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is a bit of a basic question but I'm very new to leos so can anyone tell me what you would call this morph of leopard gecko exactly.

I was told it was a hypo - but when I looked it up hypos seem to have spotting on the head? So then I was told patternless but she is clearly not a patternless as she has a spotty tail! Although the base of her tail is brighter than the rest of her body, it is not a bright orange - she is more quite a bright yellow all over with a slightly more orangey tail but not bright orange.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i think it is a super hypo carrot tail baldy(no spotting on head) not sure if there is any tangerine in there? but there looks to be something else because of the pattern on her back here is a pic of my male and he is a super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think yours has a lot more orange in it than mine so maybe not tangerine.. Here is a picture taken from above on a white piece of paper. I couldn't really get her to stand still so not a very good one, and not sure my camera will ever capture the colours properly but this was the best I could do.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
i am with agazzis, they look to have the same markings, but yours is just a little less vibrant, look at the colours, and the placing, the only differnce is that agazzis's has bands on its tail and Athravan, yours has a more uniform, all over spotting :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
shes a very nice gecko where did you get her how much and from the photos she looks kinda big how long is she in inches from nose to tip of tail? my male is 8 inches and 8 month old how old is yours? and i cant get a photo to do him justice either :lol:
ps i have posted pics off my two females too they are on the lizard pictures page if you want to go look at them too

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
agazzis said:
shes a very nice gecko where did you get her how much and from the photos she looks kinda big how long is she in inches from nose to tip of tail? my male is 8 inches and 8 month old how old is yours? and i cant get a photo to do him justice either :lol:
ps i have posted pics off my two females too they are on the lizard pictures page if you want to go look at them too
I bought her from a private pet keeper who couldn't give the geckos attention any more. She cost £50 with delivery and is 3 years old, never bred. Just checked her vital stats :D she is 8.5 inches long and 73g in weight. I've got her in a 3 foot glass fish tank at the moment but she will be moving into my 4 x 2 x 2 custom set up for my leo community next week once i'm sure she's eating fine (though at that weight i'm guessing she is!). Getting an adult blazing blizzard female delivered next week too... I don't really know what that is but it sounded interesting and the pictures are cute 8)

·
Registered
520 Posts
sounds nice a mixed morph set up im a little jealous :D have you seen the raptor's and aptors morph they are wicked would love 1 of them ps can i have your super hypo?? :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts