Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me what morph this is? :oops: i didnt ask in the shop and i bought it as i liked the colouring. :)

thanks.....tomgriffin :wink: [/img]

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Yer. Amel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, could you also tell me what the colouration is?

thanks in advance :lol:

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
The colouration? :? I think you're getting a little confused. The animal in the pic is a corn snake. The morph (or colour type) is amel.
Amel means lacking melanin (dark colour pigment) hence the snake is all orange and red with no brown or black pigment.

Does that help at all?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOH silly me......i thought there may be a name for the colour such as a butter or bloodred...... :?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep amelanistic, they vary in their brightness of orange.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Razaiel said:
Whichever it's very pretty - looks like the one I wanted at Pythons Lair ... (I'm from Oxford too :) )
LOL, it is the one fron Pythons Lair :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Haha - my daughter was doing work experience there last week and I was hoping she'd go for the creamsicle (it was the only creamsicle I think he had a couple amels) but she opted for the spotted python ... I've always wanted a corn morph :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
omg two people from oxfordshire in one go.
i have been looking for people on various forums who come from oxfordshire because i need to know which are the best reptile shops in our county, as most are really no that good.
wat is the pythons lair like, do they have a large variety of snakes?
thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
just worked out on aa route planner that i live 5.6 miles away form the python's lair. :lol:
an i have spents ages trying to find a decent one in oxfordshire.
i'm so excited.
now just got to drag my mum down there to "look" at the reptiles. :lol:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Tell her there's a good pub not too far away (Harwell - The Packhorse Inn) - they do great food. Hahaha I love my food can't you tell? :lol:

Yes, they've got quite a few things in at the moment - quite a few different corn hatchlings in incubator, a children's python, spotted python (ours :lol: ), pair of Jungle Carpets, beardies, couple of blue tongue skinks (which are really cute and handleable), some red-foots, yemen chams and other stuff I can't remember. You'll find it's a typical reptile shop where a lot of us hang about to socialize and talk "herps".

·
Registered
179 Posts

im from oxford toooo :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
tomgriffin said:
DOH silly me......i thought there may be a name for the colour such as a butter or bloodred...... :?
no but a rare mix of the two would give you sulfur :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts