Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I 'inherited' some sub-adult royals and wasn't given much info on their backgrounds, including what morphs they are...

Could anybody try to help please?

I'm assuming these are all Butter/Lesser, but I'm not confident in that haha.

TIA
Art Scaled reptile Automotive tire Reptile Snake
Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Creative arts Serpent
Creative arts Art Artifact Pottery Serveware
Creative arts Art Circle Pattern Visual arts

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
What were they described as by the person who sold them to you ?

IMO - Lesser is in all four, with possibly Mojave in #3 as most of the alien heads are floating, but that's not always an indicator. Pictures taken in sunlight tend to provide better colouration,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What were they described as by the person who sold them to you ?

IMO - Lesser is in all four, with possibly Mojave in #3 as most of the alien heads are floating, but that's not always an indicator. Pictures taken in sunlight tend to provide better colouration,
Well... they came with daft names like Peanut and Butters, so not a lot to go on. I'll get some fresh pics when the sun is out again. Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I agree that they got lesser in, at least 1,2 and 4 - I can't see the back of 3 but I feel it is missing the typical lesser 'stripe' on the back. If the alien heads wouldn't be floating I'd say Pastel Lesser ... Man such a nightmare with them genes :)

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
I agree that they got lesser in, at least 1,2 and 4 - I can't see the back of 3 but I feel it is missing the typical lesser 'stripe' on the back. If the alien heads wouldn't be floating I'd say Pastel Lesser ... Man such a nightmare with them genes :)
Definitely not a Pastel Lesser, all the above have dark brown heads, no fading, and the coloration lacks the washed out effect that pastel gives - For reference he's one of my Pastel Lessers

Plant Reptile Wood Grass Snake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah right ok.

So the male in the 2nd pic was bred to a mojave and produced these guys (yes the weird one died, it seemed super weak the whole time and died after shedding)

But a couple of the babies don't look like what I'd expect from a Lesser x Mojo pairing...
Snake Reptile Organism Scaled reptile Serpent
Snake Reptile Finger Scaled reptile Serpent
Snake Jaw Gesture Finger Thumb
Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Serpent Terrestrial animal
Scaled reptile Snake Reptile Serpent Terrestrial animal
Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Serpent
Snake Vertebrate Reptile Mythical creature Organism

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
The BEL would suggest Lesser Mojave which is expected, especially as the pupil is black. I'm not sure about the yellow. It could be that there is yellow belly in the mix, but there is certainly a strong hint of yellow there. But part of the issue is that colours are bold is hatchlings and don't always reflect the true colouration of the parent snakes. The flanks of my Pastel hatchlings were very orange for several months, but then the orange started fading and now it's non-existent.

Did the Mojave that the male get paired with have any other genes in it ? Shure its not a pastave (mojave pastel)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts