Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I know next to nothing about determining specific sub species or morphs so I was hoping to find some help here.

I'm involved in the care of a variety of reptiles, and two common boas paired up (not something I had any say in letting happen or not happen, by the way; I know it's never ideal to breed from two animals that you know next to nothing about) - genetics completely unknown but to me clearly both just common boas, one albino (mother) and one presumed normal (father).

Recently learnt that the mother is definitely a BCI but I'm not sure of the morph - I assume kahl as they're the most common? Pretty solid white/super pale yellow colour all over, light red eyes, not sure what else to be looking for and I don't have any current pictures of her.

Father is fairly pale (imo) and I'm also assuming he's a BCI too, as they look similar in head shape and what I can compare in person of the similarities in the saddle pattern, but seeing as my own knowledge is so lacking, I'm just not sure whatsoever. Couple pictures attached -

The pair produced offspring - are these any determinable morph, or could it be too early to tell? Would clearer pictures help after their first couple sheds?
I've attached pictures of the two main patterns present:

Can it be determined which parent is a carrier of whatever gene has expressed the smooth striping pattern, or will it only be known by the breeder of the parents?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
That first picture is definitely a motley, so your albino must be an albino motley as stated, the other can't be het albino or you would of produced a visual albino, but all the babies are 100%het for albino wich is one good thing.
You should be able to see the albinos pattern in some light, you can on mine
Cheers rich

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.