Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your next snake going to be? and what would be recommended for someone like me who has had corns and ball pythons?

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
What's your next snake going to be? and what would be recommended for someone like me who has had corns and ball pythons?
i don't plan on adding anymore snakes to my collection but if i had your snakes.....I'd add a boa or a kingsnake :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
No more snakes for me :whistling2:

What snakes do you like the look of? How much space to do have to house an adult? That's a good place to start.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
my next snake is a male lesser royal.: victory:
we have had corns and royals for a while now,
i got a swap recently and got myself a 2 year old dwarf pastel boa.
hes a dream to handle, its totally up to you really.
milk snakes that we have had are very similar to corns.
good luck,what were you thinking of getting?

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
My next snake is looking likely to be a dwarf boa, though I may change my mind again, I'd recommend a Mexican Black Kingsnake or Western Hognose, I love mine to bits :flrt:

·
Registered
942 Posts
i need a few female royals but i think my next purchase will be an el salvador boa or an egg eater if i can find one

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Pausing for a bit with my snakes lol! If you fancy something different why not a carpet python? Big range of colours and sizes and not difficult to keep but a nice progression from royals and corns I think. A bull snake could be fun too. Ultimately do loads of research and get the snake you feel attracted to.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
BCC or BCI, without a doubt. I'm a little bias, but I think all collections need a boa.

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
if you don't have a carpet python then you should get one asap, everyone should own a carpet python lol.

As for my next snake,either likely to be a stimsons python, anthill python or an amazon tree boa.

·
Registered
842 Posts
get your self a carpet python they are the best :2thumb:
or a nice northern pine snake my guy is always out and about in his viv

think my next will be another carpet or tree boa

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Not allowed any more :cussing: But if I was, it'd be a BRB!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
excuse my ignorance... what is a BRB?

I'd love a carpet python, for some reason I thought they would be more difficult to keep than people seem to make out in this thread though? How expensive are they??

I also think I'd get a boa at some point, my old man loves them, and I saw one in the shop the other day, looking at me as if to say "BUY ME BUY ME!!!" haha.

I'm pretty sure the Mrs won't be happy about this though...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
BRB = Brazilian Rainbow Boa.

Carpet pythons are fantastic and relatively simple to care for. Mine is a little feisty though, they have a bit of a reputation for being nippy when young. As for prices, I paid £125 for mine from a shop so you should be able to get them for under £100 easily if you look on the classifieds.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The next will probably be a IJJ carpet python : victory:
I would recommend a Bredli :no1:

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
its either another Royal (I have my eye on Yellow Belly female, Pastel female, might push to a Lesser male, and Spider male, and Pinstripe male)

... or if I can find more info on some other Kings then I'd like another King (ideally that would like sand (desert) substrate with some rocks as a different look to a viv). I really like the grey banded one - need to know more about behaviour and size (I think these are 4ft adults), but I want a snake that comes out on display like my Brooks King

... I also need to read up on Boas and find out about the SMALL ones (sub 5ft)! A dwarf of some sort. I'm totally not understanding the different Boas, I just know some are HUGE! And I can't house one of them

... need to look into Jags and others too, saw a Breddi on Sunday - amazing, there are sooooo many to chose from

(I have to either find something other than Royals, or I'm sucked in (to the sub £250 price point) for Royals! - I'm either gonna move into a 4-5 different species idea or I'm gonna be another one of them there Royal people!! Resistance ... is difficult!)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Get a Rainbow boa or rat snake such as, a everglades or trans pecos.
If you dont want a large rainbow boa the paraguay are the best from my experience.
Mine got to about 5 feet but, was very heavy bodied.

·
Registered
349 Posts
would love a boa next, always find myself looking at the classifieds and dreaming lol, also want a bosc when time and space free up :flrt:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts