Reptile Forums banner

What On Earth?

2K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  Spencer95 
most reptiles can retain sperm so even if she hasnt seen one for months she could still be preggo

no harm in incubating it anyway, i thought they normally lay in pairs so maybe ull get another

you will need a whole new setup, incubator is a must, its difficult to maintain the correct temperature without

well get a small container (like the ones live food come in) put some damp vermiculite in it and put the egg half submerged in it (the same way up as you found it) and put it on the heat mat... there are advice threads on this forum...

u dont need the setup yet just need one for when it hatches.

alternatively call your local rep shop, i did years ago when my leo unexpectadly laid eggs and the bloke there came and collected them and incubated them for me.. nice chap

umm im no expert but try sand?? have a quick look through the breeding threads, as soon as it happened to me i called the guy straight away and he came straight away. does he have an out of hours number

congrats anyway, just get the plastic tub ready and stick both in, it might still be alright, just make sure they are the same way up as when u found them, the eggs are pretty soft anyway btw

o also, u might wana give her some extra supplementation as they lose a lot of calcium when they lay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.